News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Challenger IS BACK!!

Started by tin_soldier, January 11, 2006, 02:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tin_soldier

Well according to the announer it is.  We will see.  Looks cool still waiting. :scratchchin:

Here is some new info. from the auto show

Has couple video links on the top of the page.  You get e good look at it.

http://autoshow.msn.com/as/article.aspx?xml=DCX1&shw=autoshow2006

RD

Creed is an a55hole... i will say it though I do not say it much... I HATE HIM.

QuoteHerr Creed:  The Challenger was popular in America's muscle car era of the late 1960s and 1970s. Creed said the new, rear-wheel-drive Challenger concept drew its inspiration especially from the original Challenger that debuted in 1970. It is the model most sought after by collectors.

What a bunch of BS!  Yes the challenger is a collector's item, but not moreso than the cuda!  what a jerkwad.

QuoteHerr Creed:  "This is the faithful reincarnation of a muscle car legend," Creed said.

What would this a55wipe know of a muscle car legend?  Yes the challenger looks good, but I bet it is not on account of this guy.  He wouldn't know a muscle car if it ran his a55 over! argghhhhh  :flame:

Nice numbers though!  0-to-60 miles an hour in 4.5 seconds, which is on par with many sports cars, and top speed is 174 mph.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

70charginglizard

Quote from: RD on January 11, 2006, 02:57:41 PM
Creed is an a55hole... i will say it though I do not say it much... I HATE HIM.

QuoteHerr Creed:  The Challenger was popular in America's muscle car era of the late 1960s and 1970s. Creed said the new, rear-wheel-drive Challenger concept drew its inspiration especially from the original Challenger that debuted in 1970. It is the model most sought after by collectors.

What a bunch of BS!  Yes the challenger is a collector's item, but not moreso than the cuda!  what a jerkwad.

QuoteHerr Creed:  "This is the faithful reincarnation of a muscle car legend," Creed said.

What would this a55wipe know of a muscle car legend?  Yes the challenger looks good, but I bet it is not on account of this guy.  He wouldn't know a muscle car if it ran his a55 over! argghhhhh  :flame:

Nice numbers though!  0-to-60 miles an hour in 4.5 seconds, which is on par with many sports cars, and top speed is 174 mph.

I whole heartedly  :iagree:
70charginglizard

69_500

By the 2009 model year? Man can they drag their feet or what? Why don't they put it out by this fall or something? I mean by the time 2008 rolls around, how many people will be tired of waiting for a pony car from Chrysler? Why don't they up the ante and put one out this fall or next spring?

694spdRT

Quote from: 69_500 on January 11, 2006, 03:22:27 PM
By the 2009 model year? Man can they drag their feet or what? Why don't they put it out by this fall or something? I mean by the time 2008 rolls around, how many people will be tired of waiting for a pony car from Chrysler? Why don't they up the ante and put one out this fall or next spring?

:iagree:

Even as slow as I am at restoring my '72 Chally will be done by then.  ;D

DCX needs to get in the market while it is hot.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

69_500

Exactly my point. I mean the Camaro that was unveiled is said to be available by the 2007 car year. At the latest they are talking 2007 1/2.

Doc74

That's just ridiculous, how can you wait 3 years to bring them into production ? By that time the camaro's and stangs are old news. Good job chrysler, maybe you should stop making cars alltogether and make kicking nuts your profession, you're real good at getting people's hopes up high and swiftly destroying them.  :flame:

67_Dodge_Charger

Creed lays claim to all design from DCX.  I hope that they don't mess this one up. :eyes:

-Robert

694spdRT

Who was the guy that said there was no 2 door market?  ::)
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

KMPX2

Like I have stated before the Challenger is not a done deal.  At this point they have not stated that it will be built. I know the brother of one of the guys that worked on that car & they are still waiting for a go ahead to make plans to built it.

Brock Samson

i been tryin to tell ya' all they're at least a Yr. behind the "Curve" due to the takeover,.. er... Merger.  :flame:
Remember back when Mopar was known as the enginering and style innovator?..
  Not that they don't bring anything to the table mind you....

hemihead

It still may never be built depending on what happens to things like Gas Prices, Market Changes,etc.  ???
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

RD

Quote from: hemihead on January 11, 2006, 05:51:53 PM
It still may never be built depending on what happens to things like Gas Prices, Market Changes,etc.  ???

good points, but those that will be able to afford that car are probably not overly worried about gas prices :D hehe
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Ghoste

They have to wait and see how many people beg them to do it.  Like the 99 concept Charger.  After 6 years of begging, they finally built it, well, almost.  :icon_smile_big:

hemihead

Quote from: RD on January 11, 2006, 06:35:49 PM
Quote from: hemihead on January 11, 2006, 05:51:53 PM

good points, but those that will be able to afford that car are probably not overly worried about gas prices :D hehe
But the government does have it's regulations.No matter how affluent you think you may be.  :icon_smile_big:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

timinator

You know, after seeing the new Challenger, I'm kind of glad they screwed up the new "Charger". Why? Because the new Challenger captures the lines and appeal of the old one in a lot of ways. They're good looking and fast. Before, an old Challenger was the only thing on the road that looked or performed like that. Now you could say it's got competition. What do you guys think? Would a guy who wanted an old Challenger before now see them as "old" and crude when he can have a new one instead? Would he spend thousands of dollars and cold, sleepless nights in a garage with bloody knuckles building his car like we do when he can just go down to the local dealer and drive out with a new one?  Fortunately the new "Charger" is an ugly piece of crap which means my '68 and '69 are still the best damn looking cars on the road!

Ghoste

But they have been since 68 and 69 and personally, I can't see them being topped.

69_500

I personally don't care what kind of car they come out with, nothing with capture more beauty, and grace than a 1969 Dodge Daytona. To me that is the ultimate. You can take any modern car with all its creature comforts, but it still doesn't compare to a 69 Daytona.

chargervert

Hey Dan, I concur! but I still think I will be getting one of those Challengers too!

TeeWJay426

Wasn't that the same line of crap he tried to feed us when the Chagnum was introduced??
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

hotrod98

Did anyone notice that the front end is built more like a cuda than a challenger? The concept has a short hood and a header panel like a cuda instead of a long hood and no header panel like a challenger. The long hood in the original challenger design was bad. I've reinforced several challenger hoods where they've cracked ahead of the latch striker due to the overhang.
As for building the car, I say they will.
They've just had their best year ever and they're going to do whatever it takes to beat chevy and ford. I had a "dyed in the wool" camaro guy call me this morning and he said that he would buy the challenger over the camaro when (if) they came out. This guy owns numerous high dollar camaros from '67 models to '02 models and he's going to go with the challenger if it's built. I think that says a lot for the new mopars when something like that happens.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Charger_Fan

Quote from: hotrod98 on January 12, 2006, 11:07:18 AM
As for building the car, I say they will.
They've just had their best year ever and they're going to do whatever it takes to beat chevy and ford.
I think they probably will too. But they'd better not drag their feet until 2008 or 2009 to do it, or IMO they will end up bringing up the rear again.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on January 11, 2006, 03:22:27 PM
By the 2009 model year? Man can they drag their feet or what? Why don't they put it out by this fall or something?

They need time to redesign the whole thing, and extract any resemblance to what was seen at the Auto Show.

:stirthepot:

69_500

See I can't afford to think about a Daytona in my future as well as a new challenger, so I'll stick to chasing the Daytona dream.