News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Charger SRT8 to be called Super Bee & more

Started by KMPX2, January 10, 2006, 12:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KMPX2

Adding More "Show" to the "Go": Dodge Re-introduces Performance Nameplate and Classic Exterior Color on 2006 and 2007 Dodge Charger Models 

Dodge revives Super Bee nameplate with limited-edition 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8
New "TorRed" paint scheme to appear on limited-production 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T, joining Go ManGo! and Top Banana editions

Auburn Hills, Mich., Jan 9, 2006  - 
A pair of names familiar to many automotive enthusiasts are again part of the Dodge performance lineup with the return of the Super Bee nameplate for the 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 and the "TorRed" exterior color for the 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T.

"The Dodge Charger embodies modern American muscle, and at the same time, carries on a great performance heritage," said George Murphy, Senior Vice President – Global Brand Marketing, Chrysler Group. "It was only natural to give a nod to that heritage with the re-introduction of a famous Dodge performance nameplate and a high-impact heritage paint name."

Bee All It Can Be
The 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is the first special edition of the "Charger on steroids" from Chrysler Group's Street and Racing Technology (SRT). It features "Detonator Yellow" exterior color with black hood and deck-lid face, Super Bee logos on front and rear fenders, and contrasting yellow stitching on the seats, steering wheel and shift knob.

Powered by the SRT-engineered 6.1-liter HEMI® V-8 producing 425 hp (317 kW) and 420 lb.-ft. (569 N•m) of torque, the Dodge Charger SRT8's powertrain represents a new level in HEMI performance, with 85 additional horsepower — 25 percent more than the 5.7-liter HEMI.

Other SRT enhancements include functional, performance-oriented styling, world-class ride and handling, race-inspired interior appointments and benchmark braking. All together, the 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is capable of 0-60 mph in the low 5 seconds, 0-100-0 in under 17 seconds and 60-0 mph braking in approximately 110 feet.

The legendary Super Bee nameplate made its debut in 1968 within the Dodge Coronet line.  As the newest member of Dodge's "Scat Pack" performance group, the '68 Super Bee originally carried an MSRP of just over $3,000. It was offered as a Dodge Charger only in its last model year, 1971. Restored examples fetch between $80,000 – $100,000 today.

The 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is the latest edition of the ultimate American muscle sedan, and will be available in dealerships this fall. Pricing has not yet been announced.

Three's the Charm
Following the limited-production run of Dodge Charger Daytona R/T in Go ManGo! and Top Banana, the third heritage color, TorRed, will be offered in limited numbers on the 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T in 2006.

In addition to the special exterior paint colors, the 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T model will be distinguishable by a black honeycomb grille, black "Daytona" and "HEMI" decals, signature heritage R/T badging and a black rear decklid spoiler.

Equipped with a specially-tuned 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine, the Charger Daytona R/T model provides 350 hp (261 Kw) and 390 lb.-ft. (525 N•m) of torque — 10 more horses than the previous 5.7-liter HEMI — for even more power in this modern rear-wheel-drive muscle car.  The HEMI engine's Multiple Displacement System (MDS) provides up to 20 percent improved fuel economy, giving Dodge Charger customers the legendary HEMI power they desire with fuel economy they will appreciate.

The interior of the 2006 Dodge Charger R/T will feature performance front seats with suede inserts and embroidered "Daytona" logos on the front headrests. Body-color accent stitching will appear on the front and rear seats and on the leather-wrapped steering wheel. Matching body-colored center stack bezel, a "Daytona Limited Edition" display on the electronic cluster and a sequentially numbered limited-edition Daytona badge on the instrument panel will complete the unique Dodge Charger Daytona R/T interior. 

The Dodge Charger Daytona R/T comes equipped with standard world-class ride and handling features, including Electronic Stability Program (ESP), All-speed Traction Control and Anti-lock-braking System (ABS). The Dodge Charger Daytona R/T model also will feature dual-zone automatic temperature controls, heated power front seats, automatic headlamps and power-adjustable pedals.

The 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T in TorRed paint will be on display at the 2006 North American International Auto Show in Detroit during press days, beginning Jan. 8. Production will begin this spring at the Brampton (Ontario) Assembly Plant. Pricing has not yet been announced.

Dodge Brand
With a U.S. market share of approximately seven percent, Dodge is Chrysler Group's best-selling brand and the fifth-largest nameplate in the U.S. automotive market. In 2005, Dodge sold more than 1.1 million vehicles. Dodge continues to lead the minivan market segment with a 20 percent U.S. market share and maintains a 31percent share of the highly competitive truck market. In 2006, Dodge will enter key European volume segments.

Charger_Fan

Might as well. Since they defiled the Charger name so well, they may as well keep going with the Super Bee name...geez, why not throw 'Cuda in there too? It could be a Charger SRT8 Cuda Bee! :rotz:

So far, the only name that's still held in any kind of regard with DCX is the Challenger name.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

RD

it cant be a super bee... its not a "b" body :D  :stirthepot: :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

plum500

Just when I thought they may be seeing the errors of their ways....  :rotz:

Johnny SixPack

"The 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is the latest edition of the ultimate American muscle sedan...

Oooh!

New nomenclature!

Sweet, just what we all wanted, a muscle sedan.

Now we need a muscle hatchback, or would that be the Magnum?

Either way, this pic describes the current state of DCX's muscle car devotion:

Milking Ma MoPar's heritage seems to be what they're best at.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

KMPX2

Cuda name will be added to the new advenger as a add on package.

bull

70charginglizard

KEEP DRAGING REPECTABLE HISTORICAL NAMES THRU THE MUD.
70charginglizard

6pkrunner

Much like the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the horror never ends.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 6pkrunner on January 10, 2006, 02:28:26 PM
Much like the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the horror never ends.
AAAHAHAHAAA!!! :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

golden73

:flame:  :flame:

I'm sick of DCX bastardizing all of our american muscle car names.... grrrr...

never buying a car from them, ever.

Beep Beep Dave

Wouldn't it be Hemi Orange? Tor Red was Plymouth!!!
Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

6pkrunner

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on January 10, 2006, 07:05:01 PM
Wouldn't it be Hemi Orange? Tor Red was Plymouth!!!
Dave

Dave - we going to try to track the logic of a company that knows nothing of Mopar lineage? They probably wanted to call it either Hugger Orange or Big Bad Orange, but those names were taken. ;D

69charger2002

DCX sucks. one minute they don't want heritage, it's new modern muscle, then in the next blink they pull out all the stops on old vintage mopar muscle for names: paints, models, and motor names etc.. 2 face bastards. i hate them for milking these cars at any cost for a sale
just come out with the challenger before it's too late once again, if you have the balls
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

hemihead

A Super Bee , huh? Well are they going to lighten that Creeder to build the Super Creed? The Super Bee was a bare bones street fighter. Probably not, have pile up more worthless crap options on it too.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

WM23N1

How embarrassing. Thats insulting to REAL charger super bee owners.
1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

Andrew

Quote from: formula_440 on January 10, 2006, 02:23:17 AM
Go to the guy's house and beat his car with a tire iron while screaming, "You see Trevor? You see what happens when you f**k a stranger in the @$$? Do you see, Trevor, what happens when you f**k a stranger in the @$$? Do you see what happens when you f**k a stranger in the @$$, Trevor?"

You might not get your nameplate back, but I'll sleep better knowing you tried.

BB1

Oh the HUMANITY!! NOoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!  :flame:  :icon_smile_dead:
Delete my profile

BigBlackDodge

A four door Super Bee?................oh the shame...................... :icon_smile_dead:

Is anyone really surprised with this DCX stunt? I know I'm not. ::)

BBD

TruckDriver

I got my big can of RAID ready!  :D

BASTARDS!!!  :flame:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TheGhost

Interesting.  I was kinda hoping they would save that nameplate for a 2 door version of the Charger, eventually.  Guess not.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger Aficionado

Morons.  Stupid Morons.  They could give a Rat's Ass... 
BTW:  I saw a "Daytona" today...  What a JOKE... Buffoons...

Big Lebowski

Well actually, the Super Bee was a Coronet, and we know most Coronets were 4 door cars right?
       So there you go, a 4 door Dodge Coronet Super Bee Charger R/T Daytona SE SRT-8 HEMI, oh God :puke:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Silver R/T

will it have standard 25"s or itll come with optional 27"s ?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Andrew

I think, as a mark of respect to true superbees, we should all post our favourite pics of them.

TK73

Quote from: Andrew on January 11, 2006, 01:27:55 AM
I think, as a mark of respect to true superbees, we should all post our favourite pics of them.

My NEW favorite pic of a Super Bee!!
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

TheGhost

There was a member of the old site with a red and black 71 Bee that he restored and sold.  I forget his name....

Anyway, that car was my favorite Superbee.  Wish I still had pics of it.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Ghoste

Does this mean they aren't flying off the lots to the hip hop crowd?

At least "Super Creed" rolls off the tongue easy.  It also must be reassuring to the 71 Super Bee owners to know that restored examples of their cars fetch 80 to 100 thousand dollars.  The release doesn't specify Hemi cars or concours perfect, it just says restored examples.  Look out e-bag.  :icon_smile_big:

Charger4404spd

Quote from: KMPX2 on January 10, 2006, 12:34:00 PM
"The Dodge Charger embodies modern American muscle, and at the same time, carries on a great performance heritage," said George Murphy, Senior Vice President – Global Brand Marketing, Chrysler Group.

:haha: :image_294343:

Andrew

Heres a good pic.. someone told me it was a chop tho.

TeeWJay426

It is yet one more way to sully the heritage of Chrysler by putting important historical names on totally inappropriate vehicles.... the only thing they've managed to get right when they recycled these names so far has been the Challenger concept, which is why the skeptic in me keeps thinking they will f**k it up before it sees production. I fully expect to see a new V6 Hemi Road Runner minivan before too long.... ::)
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on January 11, 2006, 06:29:24 AM
I fully expect to see a new V6 Hemi Road Runner minivan before too long.... ::)

LMFFAO ROFL/D

:haha:

472 R/T SE

I like the new color.  I thought what they consider purple was the next color.  For a family, the Chally just doesn't cut it for us.  My wheelchair rides in the pass. seat and the girls in back.  This is the one I want, an SRT in what looks like purple.

6670charger

They already defiled the Super Bee and Daytona names by plastering them on the sides of four-door Ram Pickups.  Why not a family sedan too.
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963