News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 shakes

Started by charger01, June 26, 2011, 10:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

My 440 is a fresh rebuild.  It seemed to run fine for the first hour or so after the cam was broke in, then timing chain washer snapped.  I had the heads redone and new pushrods put it.  For whatever reason the motor seems to shake more than I think it should.  It shakes almost like it has loose motor mounts, but all mounts are new and tight.  Any suggestion?  would improper valve adjustment cause this?  Iam not sure what the idle is set at because I have no tach yet, but there seems to be a small hesitant in the throttle as well. :scratchchin: :shruggy:

skip68

Sounds like it jumped time to me.  :shruggy:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

charger01

Quote from: skip68 on June 27, 2011, 12:28:23 AM
Sounds like it jumped time to me.  :shruggy:

have tried timing it numerous times, with no luck.  Maybe should try again. :shruggy:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

charger01

I cant even remember.  i know its bigger than stock but not crazy or anything.  the shake doesnt appear to be something the cam would do.  the motor acts loose, or possibly out of balance?