News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Terrible business to avoid and a great business to work go to all in one thread.

Started by TX9H6E4CUDA, June 10, 2011, 08:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TX9H6E4CUDA

Well on my 1971 Superbee I am having all the suspension powder coated. I took the rear axle housing, center section, drum backing plates, drums, and some other pieces to New Image Coating in Lino on January 3. Here is why to avoid

1. Told the job would take 1 week everything but the center section took two months and after repeated calls after 3 weeks and him forgetting what colors they are supposed to be after writing them down three times.

2. The center section took him three months to do and he had it done in one day when I asked for my money and part back

3. When I went to go pick up my second batch of parts I had dropped off. (And the center section that took three months to do) he told me he was knocking $40 bucks off
to give me a deal for the wait but he was actually double charging me for the center
section (how nice)

4.Last week I went to put some of my stupid mopar back together and found a part half rusted and half powder coating. I brought it back and he asked if I left it in a puddle. I replied well I didn't know your coatings cannot get wet.
Well I put the rear end in my superbee about a month and half ago. Well the car has been sitting in the garage, with no drivetrain, on jackstands, with carpet covering the floor. Well the other day I went under the car and found the center section ( that took three months to do and was double charged) that was supposed to be coated in a natural cast coating look like a piece of the Titanic. It is a solid orange piece of rust.

another

It looks ALOT worse in person. It looks solid orange of rust.

Well that morning i went to his shop and I showed him pictures. I had my reciepts and everything. He was trying to tell me it actually not a powder coat its a ceramic coat that he was trying out. He also told me it would not hold up as powdercoating, i asked why he didnt tell me that because i told him EXACTLY why i was getting all these parts done. He also said its been humid outside and his garage floor sweats during this time and that would help in the failure of the coating. He told me he was trying a new coating and it looks like it failed. I asked him wtf am i supposed to do you wanted to try something new and it failed and now i have a rusty centersection i paid you to do. He response was "well i gotta test new products and i need feedback from my customers if it works or not" wtf wtf.After me brining up the time it took, double charging me, etc he finally asked what I wanted him to do? I told him I want a refund for the part and gaskets to pull the part. He said well you ever heard of por15? I said yes and he started going on about painting it on the car (exactly what I was trying to get away from) and that would be a great cure to this. I just wanted to go and he gave me a check for $30 and some credit for $100 (like im going to use it). He tried to go on and on about how he doesn't know if a product works or not without input (im so glad my car was a testing amimal for his business and should he test stuff on other stuff before offering it). I was calm the whole time and just learned a lesson. So im just putting out my warning about his business and his shady practices.

I have now gone with Larry at JIT powder coatings in Farmington MN and he took really really good care of me. I brought him all my front suspension and I just got all of it back. Everything I brought him to get coated looks amazing. Very nice finish, clean, wrapped in plastic to protect in transit, very attentive to detail, very reasonabe, and had a super fast turn around. Larry also treated me awesome and answered every question I had with knowledge and respect no matter how dumb it was. There shop is amazing and they can powder coat almost any part (hell they powder coat flag polls). I could poskt pics but my camera phone is messed up horribly. I want to thank Larry again and he will see way more of my business. If you do need stuff powder coated please see him.  
For the best powder coating talk to Larry at JIT Powder Coating. Absolutely amazing service, awesome quality,amazing attention to detail. Give Larry a call at 651-463-4664
Thanks again Larry

Richard Cranium

A can of cst iron gray paint is a lot cheaper and faster with no hassles.
I am Dr. Remulac

Silver R/T

Sorry to hear that. You should've just painted it yourself and save yourself money and know that the job is done RIGHT
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Todd Wilson

Power coating is not all its cracked up to be.   Lots of people swear by it but the facts are if the prep work is not perfect the stuff wont stick.   It can be chipped or cracked and then you get moisture underneath and rust starts. Not a big deal on a rear end but other body parts its not a good thing to have happen. Usually too late when you discover it.  It also can be a real pain to get off if you ever want to redo it or change colors. 

Its hard to beat a good quality paint job.

Todd

Tilar

:iagree:   The new trailer I bought a few years ago was powder coated and it looked great when I bought it, But as it turns out it really doesn't stand up any better than a cheap paint job at best. It might work ok for interior parts.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.