News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

99 Cirrus interior lights

Started by Bobs69, February 07, 2009, 11:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobs69

Wife comes home last night and tells me the interior lights will not shut off.  The would also flicker on and off while she was driving home.  I resorted to pulling the fuse.

Any ideas?  Is there a common problem among these cars that does this?

Topher

Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Bobs69

All right fella's, I'll see about getting one from my local "auto recyclers"!

Bobs69

I should have mentioned that it was fuse #5.  If that changes anything let me know.  I will however still get a headlight switch to try.

Topher

Get a new one. The problem with these switches is the board inside shorts the circuit together to make the lights flicker and in some cases stay on. I had a 98 Concorde Lxi that did the same thing. It was mine, so I just fiddled with the brightness adjustment and it wouldn't do it.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Bobs69

Interesting, this car will not start on days that it is raining out.  Or when it's still wet............

any ideas.

Plumcrazy

You've probably have a door jamb switch out of adjustment. That's why they flicker while driving.

Try this, put the fuse back in and open one door at a time and push the door jamb switch in with your finger while watching to see if the interior lights go out.

If they go out, that's the switch that's keeping them on.

You need to pull the plunger out and then close the door to adjust the switch.
If it won't stay in adjustment replace the switch.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.