News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BADASS 69 CHARGER IN NEW GRINDHOUSE TRAILER( NOW WITH SCREEN SHOTS)

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, February 16, 2007, 12:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topduarte

This movie is being filmed in the Austin, Texas and Central Texas area.

I was invited to take my charger along with some other local mopar members to take their mopars to the Tarantino compound here in Austin.

They had already bought a green 2nd charger and were leaning toward the white challenger.

The guy bringing in the cars to the Tarantino compound said my car was nice but Tarantino was looking for 2nd gens.  He said soon enough the 1st gens will get their recognitions in movies.  Lets hope so!!

They were about to buy the chargers and challengers from Hplag but I warned him to do that via email and they eventually bought them from El Paso.

If I had know they were going to destroy so many, maybe they should have gone with the rotted ones at HPLAG.

Oh well, it lloks like a bad ass movie.

And Yes, Tarantino is a little weird but he knows how to make good flicks IMO!!

THE CHARGER PUNK

MoparManJim

as I know of right now, I have tlak to a guy that seen afew of these cars on a trailer heading back to CA, and heard they are are now in CA, the guy doesn't know what they have plan for the cars that are left over yet. I guess they went through most the Challengers though an the Chargers, somthing about they bought 15 of each an are down to around around 3 Challengers and 1 or 2 Chargers now. 

If Kurt is driving the charger then it means this movie is going to be good.Kurt is a good actor, anyone seen the movie "Used Cars"?, I'm not sure who the other actors are yet in this film. I know that Kurts character is pose to be a stuntman as he tells that to a landy in the film. The last time I saw a 2nd gen charger get totaled was in 2000 in the the F&F with Vin Desil filping over the semi truck cab nose. I can't recall any other movies from then on with 2nd gen chargers getting totaled but for this new film coming out. 

You all say they totaled more chargers well they are still alot of mopars out there yet, Almost almost all the movies I seen is all the new cars gets totaled :) and these movies doesn't have maybe 1 mopar in them maybe not even that an the mopars doesn't get hurt. Most of the new movies now days have the new cars getting the stuff kick out of them. 

Jim

TruckDriver

Whelp, I guess then I'll never watch this movie. Years ago when they destroyed these cars, they were just old cars. Now that they are collector cars, it just flat pisses me off when they do this. There should be a law against destroying a car over 30 years old. If they would of bought the cars from Halpg, then they would of actually did a lot of people a favor :icon_smile_dissapprove: :rotz: :flame: Just thinking about it makes me sick.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

MoparManJim

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on February 24, 2007, 06:03:07 PM
Whelp, I guess then I'll never watch this movie. Years ago when they destroyed these cars, they were just old cars. Now that they are collector cars, it just flat pisses me off when they do this. There should be a law against destroying a car over 30 years old. If they would of bought the cars from Halpg, then they would of actually did a lot of people a favor :icon_smile_dissapprove: :rotz: :flame: Just thinking about it makes me sick.

sorry man, thats what I was told is all. Each time a car gets totaled it makes one of ours that much more rarer though. 

Jim

TruckDriver

Quote from: MoparManJim on February 25, 2007, 12:12:28 AM

sorry man, thats what I was told is all. Each time a car gets totaled it makes one of ours that much more rarer though. 

Jim

True, but it also makes the hobby out of the low budget guys price range.... like me.  And to me, I really could care less as to how much my car is worth. Long as I enjoy it, it could be worth $50.00 and I wouldn't care. And that's part of the problem too, a lot of people are in this hobby just so they can say "my car is worth more than your car". That's B.S. to me too. This hobby shouldn't be about how much a car is worth. It should be about the excitement and the love of the cars, not the dam money.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

MoparManJim

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on February 25, 2007, 01:38:25 AM
Quote from: MoparManJim on February 25, 2007, 12:12:28 AM

Jim

True, but it also makes the hobby out of the low budget guys price range.... like me.  And to me, I really could care less as to how much my car is worth. Long as I enjoy it, it could be worth $50.00 and I wouldn't care. And that's part of the problem too, a lot of people are in this hobby just so they can say "my car is worth more than your car". That's B.S. to me too. This hobby shouldn't be about how much a car is worth. It should be about the excitement and the love of the cars, not the dam money.

I agree with you on that, my fidn he wants to find a 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona an he wants it to be all number matching and he told me if he ever finds one he wants it to be rare and if he fixes it up he said he'll park it and then after it gain alittle valu he would probly sell it. To me that is just plain stupid. why get a car if you only want to make a profit off it there is no enjoyment in that really only $$$$, like I told him find one an put it back togother an keep it. I know what you mean about your car I feel the same here. 

mikepmcs

Quote from: MoparManJim on February 24, 2007, 03:51:54 PM
I'm not sure who the other actors are yet in this film.

Too many to list, some ok names besides Kurt.
Here's the link to the full cast and credits.  Make sure you hit the more button on the cast or you won't see them all.  It looks like they split it up between the 2 movies in a movie deal so kurt is actually listed on the second page.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462322/fullcredits#cast

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jasonfromIKILLYA

the subway posters here have a 68 camaro on them.  as do the subway posters for Bullrun.   ???  is it too expensive to get someone to draw a charger?
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

69Coronet

Its no disgrace being poor.  Its just inconvienient.

mikepmcs

Type in HLPAG in the search and have a ball. Hope you don't have anything else planned tonight cause it will take most of your day to read about these scumbags.

M
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

newport

Did someone in Austin do the restoration/work for Tarantino?