News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

something to think about

Started by aussiemuscle, June 08, 2011, 01:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussiemuscle

get this

is asking the same price as this

both owners are asking $140,000
and i know which i'd prefer.... :scratchchin:

boss429kiwi

Quote from: aussiemuscle on June 08, 2011, 01:34:17 AM
get this

is asking the same price as this

both owners are asking $140,000
and i know which i'd prefer.... :scratchchin:

I hope you are meaning the Daytona.
I know what I would prefer (Daytona) and what will be worth more in 10 years time (Daytona).

That thing is cool!
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

FJ5WING

I saya goa witta de FeeRRRRi! :lol:

honestly the Prancing Horse will be a better car for someone to buy and use. the Daytona will have to be trailered and ushered around everywhere and absolutly NEVER returned to stock or possible even restored. :shruggy:
wingless now, but still around.

HPP

I've often said that to people that we are in this weird time in automotive history when an old Plymouth costs as much or more to aquire than a European exotic. Along those similar lines, it also costs more now to buy a new truck/SUV than it does to buy a new performance oriented vehicle.

Where along the line did our priorities get so skewed?

tan top

Quote from: HPP on June 08, 2011, 08:45:09 AM
I've often said that to people that we are in this weird time in automotive history when an old Plymouth costs as much or more to aquire than a European exotic. Along those similar lines, it also costs more now to buy a new truck/SUV than it does to buy a new performance oriented vehicle.

Where along the line did our priorities get so skewed?

the whole  automotive world has gone nuts   :yesnod: don't even know what that red car is, :scratchchin: would rather big willies daytona any day  , but are any of these cars worth that much  :shruggy:

**edit ** just seen the enzo prancing horse  badge  oh its a ferrari ::)
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Richard Cranium

The Daytona will need at least 50K worth of work & it just isn't worth it at that asking price. On the other hand, the Ferrari will need 10 grand + worth of maintenance every few years, plus the novelty of sports cars does wear off after a while.
I am Dr. Remulac

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

held1823

it wouldn't matter if the american car was a 2002 chevy cavalier; if it came down to me choosing between an american car and an import, the ferrari will lose, EVERY time. i was schooled on principles, although this altruistic mindset perhaps explains my meager bank account.

Adds a whole new perspective to the question posed above, asking "where along the line did our priorities get so skewed?", doesn't it...
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

boss429kiwi

HI

I do find it interesting that a lot of Americans do not appreciate their cars for what they are, even owners of these cars, but the rest of the world does.
I guess this is why many, many American cars are leaving your shores daily.  :cheers:

There will always be new exotic cars that sell for high prices, but the Muscle car era for example only lasted 6 years and many very rare interesting cars were built.
The American classics also "holds their own" well etc.

I don't think we will see 2006/7 prices again for another 8-10 years, but it will happen. It seems in the car scene we have a "doom and gloom" period ever 10-15 years and we hear how the values will never climb and we hear "only if I purchased back then". Lets be honest, if you can afford it, what a great time to buy. :popcrn:

I always hear about the younger generation not appreciating these older cars so the values of American Musle Cars will continue to decline. Well, I disagree.
They are driving their japanese EVO,s etc, because this is what they can afford now. My first car was a Ford Cortina, but this did not mean I was a Cortina enthusiest  :rofl: 

Why do you think the major "car" movies in the last 10 years have had American cars as the leading car etc
For example all of the "Fast and Furious" movies have a piece of American muscle as the impact car. "Cars Movie", Gone in 60 Seconds, and many more. I don't think "Gone in Secords" would have been the same with a Ferrari or EVO as the leading car  :rofl:  These movie companies know what they are doing and they are selling their product to the younger generation.

My 2 cents

moparstuart

Quote from: boss429kiwi on June 08, 2011, 02:40:17 PM

HI

I do find it interesting that a lot of Americans do not appreciate their cars for what they are, even owners of these cars, but the rest of the world does.
I guess this is why many, many American cars are leaving your shores daily.  :cheers:

There will always be new exotic cars that sell for high prices, but the Muscle car era for example only lasted 6 years and many very rare interesting cars were built.
The American classics also "holds their own" well etc.

I don't think we will see 2006/7 prices again for another 8-10 years, but it will happen. It seems in the car scene we have a "doom and gloom" period ever 10-15 years and we hear how the values will never climb and we hear "only if I purchased back then". Lets be honest, if you can afford it, what a great time to buy. :popcrn:

I always hear about the younger generation not appreciating these older cars so the values of American Musle Cars will continue to decline. Well, I disagree.
They are driving their japanese EVO,s etc, because this is what they can afford now. My first car was a Ford Cortina, but this did not mean I was a Cortina enthusiest  :rofl: 

Why do you think the major "car" movies in the last 10 years have had American cars as the leading car etc
For example all of the "Fast and Furious" movies have a piece of American muscle as the impact car. "Cars Movie", Gone in 60 Seconds, and many more. I don't think "Gone in Secords" would have been the same with a Ferrari or EVO as the leading car  :rofl:  These movie companies know what they are doing and they are selling their product to the younger generation.

My 2 cents

you dont watch the british top gear do you  , they hate american cars   :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

boss429kiwi

lol, yes they do, but interestingly two out of three of the presenters own American cars! 

Aero426

Quote from: Richard Cranium on June 08, 2011, 09:02:24 AM
The Daytona will need at least 50K worth of work & it just isn't worth it at that asking price. On the other hand, the Ferrari will need 10 grand + worth of maintenance every few years, plus the novelty of sports cars does wear off after a while.

Did you know a brake job (carbon rotors) on an F430 is $25k?   That's pushing 20 percent of the value of the car.  Long term that car will be a Pandoras Box of potential problems.   The Ferrari would be fun while it lasts, but there are too many of the modern cars to have any kind of real collector value.