News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NZ superbird 1989

Started by loudmouthaussie, June 08, 2011, 12:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loudmouthaussie

thought this might interest some. bird for sale (in New zealand) back in 1989 in unique cars mag down here in Oz.

they've been doing this feature for awhile now in the magazine. a kinda; "look how cheap stuff used to be" its kinda just gotten annoying now though.

to be fair this wouldve been out of most peoples budgets and a little over priced in 89 i reckon anyway ;0)

1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

C5X DAYTONA

Cool.  The correct vin is RM23 (U) OA170213 on this car.   Car was Matthew Gibbons from Langley B.C. in the late 70s.
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

aussiemuscle

ah  :o

if i had the cash and motivation, i'd buy chargers in the states and ship them to australia. buy them usa $30,000 + 5-6k shipping and sell them in aus $70,000   :smilielol:

loudmouthaussie

plenty do it  ;)

problem is finding a good one  :o

people arent idiots either. with aussie $ worth more than US now i think alot of stuff is a harder sell on these days  :yesnod:

my charger probably worth less than when i bought it in 2007. but im in it for the long haul so value bothers me none  :cheers:

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

boss429kiwi

Hi

That bird is only 50 miles away from me.

The only 2 x Tor Red Superbirds in NZ and they are "living next door" to each other. I was only speaking to the owner (wife) today.
I believe there are 3 x Superbirds in NZ, but not sure about the 3rd?

Thanks
Gary
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

440mop

Matt bought a few cars back with him when he came back to NZ.
Apart from the Yellow 'Bird out New Plymouthway, two independent people have asked if I know anything of a blue 'Bird from around Hamilton, I don't and cannot find anyone who knows about it, those that asked me about it had heard from a friend of a friend......
John
440 4spd Daytona - Sold
Auckland New Zealand

C500

John, have you thought about registering the Daytona on the NZ mopar registry? http://www.nzmoparregistry.co.nz/ There are 2 birds there already, including Peter's yellow one.

Gary, did you buy yours of another 'Garry' ?
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

boss429kiwi

Hi

Are you part of this registry?

Yes, I purchased from Garry, and would like to update the photos and info on the registry, as the car has gone through some changes and the photos on the registry are old.

Gary
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

loudmouthaussie

Quote from: boss429kiwi on June 08, 2011, 05:00:36 AM
Hi

That bird is only 50 miles away from me.

The only 2 x Tor Red Superbirds in NZ and they are "living next door" to each other. I was only speaking to the owner (wife) today.
I believe there are 3 x Superbirds in NZ, but not sure about the 3rd?

Thanks
Gary

glad to know it survives in the sth hemisphere  :drool5: - send unique cars an email  :2thumbs:

C500

Quote from: boss429kiwi on June 08, 2011, 05:03:15 PM
Hi

Are you part of this registry?

Yes, I purchased from Garry, and would like to update the photos and info on the registry, as the car has gone through some changes and the photos on the registry are old.

Gary

I have my car on the registry, but i don't run the thing. You can email carl who runs it with updates. I think his email is there on on the forum somewhere.