News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger meets Marlin...

Started by bobs66440, May 26, 2011, 06:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morepower

wow. that marlin looks pretty cool. I can say that i do not think I have ever seen one of those. they are pretty similar for sure. sweet.
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

68RT4ME

That Marlin........ really let's one appreciate the style and beauty of the 1st gen Chargers. While it's great that the guy keeps the Marlin nice, I've never been a fan of that car. I'll take a Rebel Machine anytime as my favorite AMC.
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Brock Samson

A383Wing

Interesting....I did not know the Marlin had reclining seats....  :popcrn:

Magnumcharger

The Marlin was a great looking car. However, I wouldn't go so far as saying the Charger was a knock-off of it.
The fastback body style was on the road for almost twenty years before that, easily.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the designer of the Marlin (Richard Teague?) took a long hard look at the 1948 Tucker Torpedo, or maybe the 1949 Cadillac too.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

bobs66440

Hmmm, interesting comparison.  :yesnod:

67440chrg

Thanks for starting this subject I have known about marlins all along but have never had a chance to compare them side by side and would still like to.

Richard Cranium

The Crossfire has a similar back end, but something went horribly wrong..............

I am Dr. Remulac

stripedelete

Now that's funny (and accurate)

67440chrg

It would be hard to know where to go with this after that. Where did the real subject go.

Brock Samson

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1960s-cadillac-concept-cars.htm

Interesting link to an Approx. 1961 Caddy with a very Charger like fastback.

the front is so exaggerated because of the proposed V-16 Engine.

stripedelete

Wow.  I wonder why they left the hatch covers and anchor off that hood?  Must have been for the sake of fuel efficiency.

I've never seen that pic. Thanks for posting.

Brock Samson

While off on the tangent of the GM styling studio, and '60s personal Luxury fastbacks, here's a pic i found most interesting. The back-story is the Original Buick Rivera was supposed to be a new smaller Caddy called the Lasalle... later  Caddy got the '67 Eldo. instead. Remember the Toro. and the Eldo. were Front Wheel Drive. The Riv. not so much.  :lol:
 Elements of this Toro. and the Rivi. as well as the Eldo. can be seen on the link on my previous post.
 Anyhow, here's the Pic...

bobs66440

Very interesting. Cool stuff. Thanks!  :2thumbs: