News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Desoto pace car

Started by taxspeaker, June 07, 2011, 08:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taxspeaker

Does anyone have any idea what a 1956 desoto Indy pace car is worth? My next door neighbor has had his forever and is selling because of his age. Excellent shape and unrestored-any advice appreciated

Ghoste

We had one go through auction not long ago but now of course I don't see it in the database on my home computer.  I'll check tomorrow at work.

UPDATE:  It isn't on my computer because it wasn't a recent sale so my info is no good.  We did have a 57 Adventurer convertible go through late last year so that may have been what made me think that.  Sorry, can't help.

Brock Samson

http://www.allpar.com/history/desoto.html

some good info here..

it's not a convert. I take it...  :shruggy:

taxspeaker

It is a convertible I believe. Will find out more Friday when we go look at it

Brock Samson

:2thumbs: take pics, we like pics!  :yesnod:   :popcrn:  :drool5:

Daytona R/T SE

Might be worth a pretty penny. :scratchchin:

I'd sure like to own it!  :2thumbs:

no318

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on June 07, 2011, 10:27:45 PM

I'd sure like to own it!  :2thumbs:
ME too.  I had a 56 2dr hdtp. Desoto that I could hardly sell 7-8 years ago when I decided, too.  Now there seems to be a little more interest.  I thought all the pace cars were convertables?

Brock Samson

Yeah, as i recall all this pics i have seen are, but the pace car link i used to go to is defunkt...  :shruggy:

taxspeaker

OK finally got to see the car today. My next door neighbor owns this unrestored 1956 DeSoto Pace Car. I went today and started and drove the car, checked out many things including the provenance. Unbelievable details on the car-actual wire wheels, electric windows, working electric convertible top, clock in steering wheel, working radio with some bars I don't know what they do, push button automatic. Car drives very well-brakes stick (rear cylinder bad I believe), but appears to have no other mechanical issues. As I go through the tubs of paperwork we are slowly going to get it ready for sale for him. Car has 84,000 miles. I am going to try and post pictures taken this morning while everybody else is at the BrickYard!

Tilar

I'd sure like to own it!  :2thumbs:

Desoto and pretty penny never went together in the same sentance.  :slap:  It is interesting though...
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Nacho-RT74

WOOW!!! I LIKE IT A LOT!

SURE I'LL TAKE IT IN A HEARTBEAT!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ghoste

You may be surprised what some of the DeSotos are worth Tilar.

Cooter

Quote from: Tilar on July 31, 2011, 05:29:12 PM

I'd sure like to own it!  :2thumbs:

Desoto and pretty penny never went together in the same sentance.  :slap:  It is interesting though...
Really? You might be surprized to learn that there was a 1957, or '58, FUEL INJECTED version of the Adventurer that had a $15K (Yes, I said $15,000.00 F.I. set up on it), that sold for WAY up there..Like Half million $$$...Original F.I. set ups are RARE, furthermore, they are high as hell once found...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

no318

Just saw a nice older restored 55 Desoto 2 dr hdtp.  Red/white, correct wire wheels, Nice car sold at a collector car auction locally for $5000.  I should have bought it.  They had similar vintage Plymouths that sold Well.  Here is a link to the auction results. http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/result_details.php?detail_id=91&allimages=NO

bobs66440

I found this. Can't vouch for the accuracy. Very cool car though. I'd love to have one!

http://collectorcarmarket.com/menus/ccmprcs/56defite.html

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Tilar on July 31, 2011, 05:29:12 PM

Desoto and pretty penny never went together in the same sentance.  :slap:  It is interesting though...

:slap: :slap: Yourself. ::)

Tilar

I'd have never guessed them to be worth that kind of money.  :shruggy:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

taxspeaker

Have found some good old paperwork after going through 1 of 3 tubs of paper. Traced title to 1965-the previous owner paid $650 for it and 4 other cars in 65!. Found 1986 DeSoto club newsletter stating only 15 of these things left. Also found original owners manual and dealer brochures, still looking for original bill of sale when new.

Did these old cars have a build sheet under the seat does anyone know? I have no clue how to get the seat out and it has the original gold thread upholstery so I don't want to mess it up for nothing.

Neatest thing yet is the original "Drivers Pass" and USAC lapel pin to get on the track in 1956.

More to come as I go through the next tub.

bobs66440

taxspeaker

More pictures