News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

info on motor mounts needed

Started by charge69, June 07, 2011, 01:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charge69

Do I really need Schumacher motor mounts or will regular mounts work? I need new ones either way and was wondering about them. By the way , this goes on a 1969 Charger with an original HEMI engine.

Thanks

John_Kunkel

I think it's a good idea to have mounts that won't pull apart but some complain that they don't isolate vibrations very well.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

johnnycharger

:shruggy: I have normal mounts and they keep tearing apart on the drivers side, so I chained it down. I would like to get some interlocking, but don't know what brand yet either... :shruggy:

solids0be

If you search this section I think theres a couple posts that show how  members on here modified a standard engine mount with 2 extra bolts to hold the metal and sandwich the rubber but he had to drill through the mounts with a press to make it work. Said it works just as good if not better than the performance mounts and should be about bullet proof.

68X426

Here you go, from 2006. An oldie but still a goodie. Ron remains the man, thanks again.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,13216.0.html

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

charge69

Thanks a lot for the link to the older thread about the "bolted" standard mounts! This restoration is costing a serious amount of money anyway and saving here and there adds up! Do not want to put a torque strap if I don't have to and putting a regular mount that has been drilled to accept the bolts looks like the best option. :cheers:

johnnycharger

4aThrill

I put the Schumacher motor mounts in my car, and it seems like it raised the engine just a bit more, which is alright by me more ground clearance  ;)