News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

modify my auto console top to a 4 speed top

Started by towscum, June 01, 2011, 02:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

towscum

i got this idea from 694spdrt on an old post . i started and heres my pic. ill up date when im done.
1969 dodge charger 440 4 speed

Kern Dog

I converted an A body console to work with a Hurst shifted 4 speed. I cut out the section that you showed but I made the hole as small as I could so it would allow the rubber shifter boot to fit inside it. I had to modify the shifter lever to the center by almost 3 inches to get it to sit in the center of the console. Looks great, shifts great...

towscum

does anyone know the final opening meausurment front to back?

towscum

i mean I.D. front to back where the rubber boot goes

kab69440

Your hole should be 6" long x 4" wide and the inside of the rear of the hole should be 6 13/16" from the rear of the (exposed when assembled) console plate.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

towscum

histoy

I think that you'll have to modify the driver's side of the auto console in order to convert it to a 4 speed.  You can buy the part to make the conversion.

kab69440

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

towscum