News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Challenger Concept

Started by KMPX2, January 10, 2006, 12:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KMPX2

Just so you guys know at this time the Challenger is just a concept car thats all. DCX has not approved the car to be built. When I know more I will let you guys know.

70charginglizard

99 CHARGER WAS JUST A CONCEPT AS WELL AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT WE ENDED UP GETTING LATER NOW DONT WE.

I'M NOT GOING TO HOLD MY BREATH FOR WHAT I WANT OR ID SURLY SUFFICATE
70charginglizard

plum500

Well, from what I've heard, it's more of a concept in terms of financial and production/logistic decisions, but mechanically much much closer to a production model. Not a concept in terms of having lots of unfinished/considered components, manfucaturing questions, or bleeding edge technology. The 99 was a concept car. This (again, from what I hear) is more of a "here's what we can actually build now" effort.

Not to say they still might not give it the go though.

41husk

How long will they go before they make a decision?  The response from the show and the public appears to be a big hit.  It was on the local news last night.  I don't remember this much hipe for any other concept the Charger included.  Daimler seems to be spending a bunch of cash to get this thing seen by the public.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Brock Samson

while it's made outta carbon fiber it does look pretty much production ready,...
BTW: the '99 concept was the same deal, but the German's pulled the plug. the thinking at the time, was the Charger was a done deal for Dodge and the 300 Hemi convert was to be it's Chysler stablemate...
by the time this chally gets to market the bloom will be off the rose,..
just like the thunderbird.  :pity:

hotrod98

I have a gut feeling that they are going to try and make up for some of the mistakes that they've made recently. They have admitted publicly that they didn't listen closely enough before releasing the Charger and paid the price for it. They don't want to make the same mistake twice. The germans just didn't realize the strong feelings that we have towards the American Musclecar, especially the mopars.  They posted record profits in 2005 and they are looking to continue in the near future. They realize that the challenger will be good for about five years or so and they will develope the car based on that. We'll see the basic car released first and then subtle changes and packages released as sales slip a little. The Charger was the unfortunate benefactor of poor planning, much like the GTO.
I think that we can thank Ford and the new Mustang for our chance at getting a car that we will all want to buy. My wife and I are both 50 years old and we both want one. As much as we love our Daytona Ram, we only bought one. Now, we both want a new Challenger. It will appeal to people from 16 to 60. It's a no-brainer for Creed.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams