News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how many companies are making upper door pads?

Started by Hudson Hornet !, June 07, 2011, 09:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hudson Hornet !

I did a search on this topic and I see that B E & A along with Legendary are making upper door pads for 2nd gen chargers.  I am in need of a set and was wondering are these the only 2 companies producing them, and which company should I go with? Thanks
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

bull

Both companies are reputible so you'd probably be happy either way. Mike from BE&A posts here from time to time so you can get more of a personal interaction from him, if that matters to you.

BananaDan

BEA's are cheaper and I've heard good things about them.  I went with Legendary because my car was a Charcoal interior and BEA doesn't do Charcoal, only black.  The Legendary stuff is top notch, but you pay for it.  You'll still need to get the medallions from BEA as the Legendary ones don't come with them.  If BEA makes them in a color you want, you might be best off with them, they'll have the medallion installed already and will cost you less.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Hudson Hornet !

Well, black is what I need so I think I will go with BE&A.  Thanks for the info since this stuff is so pricey!
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

Troy

Just Dashes will "restore" original pads - but they don't look correct. They were the only option for a long time.

Legendary's reproduction pads look too puffy around the detail lines and they don't include the medallions. Their vinyl is close but not perfect. They are made in the USA (which is apparently their only sales pitch).

BE&A will tell you straight up that their vinyl isn't a perfect match on their reproduction pads. However, the shape looks better to me and they come with medallions. They are not made in the USA of course.

I'd rather have the part that's closest to the original.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.