News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

tinted windows with lifetime warranty

Started by jmarchiori95, June 05, 2011, 06:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmarchiori95

i have a 2010 charger and i want to get my windows tinted, the only problem is i heard that it might affect my lifetime warranty that i have.  Does anyone know if my lifetime warranty will be affected or not by tints?

doctor4766

Quote from: jmarchiori95 on June 05, 2011, 06:19:50 PM
i have a 2010 charger and i want to get my windows tinted, the only problem is i heard that it might affect my lifetime warranty that i have.  Does anyone know if my lifetime warranty will be affected or not by tints?
I wouldn't think so.
I own a tint shop (in Oz) but we only use US made products. Same stuff your installers would likely use.
I've never heard of film affecting a vehicle's manufacturer's warranty. What exactly did you hear and who exactly told you all this?
Gotta love a '69

jmarchiori95

my dad said that he heard that with the warranty if you change something with the car it could affect the warranty

doctor4766

Nah, I'd seriously doubt that.
As long as you have legal film installed there's not really any reason for them to void any of your car warranty.
In fact most dealers try to sell tint as an accessory when the car's new.

After writing my last post I remembered this recent conversation with a customer

ME: So your darkest legal tint will cost $300 and it has a lifetime warranty.

Customer: What if I wanted a bit darker than standard film?

ME: Cost you the same but you will void the warranty with non legal tint.

Customer: Oh, so Toyota won't warrant the car anymore?

ME: No. I mean the film manufacturer won't warrant their product.

Maybe that's what happened?

Gotta love a '69

jmarchiori95

So if i get an illegal tint on my car the window tint company wont give me their lifetime warranty, but i should still have my lifetime warranty on my car

Darkman

It will only void the warranty if it changes the mechanical properties of the vehicle (increase performance etc) and if it is not legal.
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

jmarchiori95

doctor4766

Quote from: jmarchiori95 on June 05, 2011, 06:44:10 PM
So if i get an illegal tint on my car the window tint company wont give me their lifetime warranty, but i should still have my lifetime warranty on my car
That's what I would think.
Call your dealership and get them to clarify that though.

Gotta love a '69

doctor4766

Just one question for you though.
Did your car really come with a lifetime warranty?
Gotta love a '69

jmarchiori95

ya it did but chrysler isnt offering it anymore