News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NASCAR/Stock car tires

Started by BlaineKaiser450, June 05, 2011, 12:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlaineKaiser450

Does anyone know where I could find some nascar or other stock car looking tires? Preferably slicks also and they have to fit on a 15 inch rim. I've searched a little and couldn't find anything
1969 Plymouth Satellite - 440 - 727 - 3.73 - 8 3/4 Suregrip

1993 Dodge W350 Dually

1999 F250 7.3

myaerocars

This has always been a challenge for me as I sometimes wanted the stock car look with my Road Runner.

I would contact Racetorations.com  and see if they can help.

Also, did 'nt the restored or modded 74 Charger that I see pics of with Richard Petty  and all those lovely ladies have 15 inch wheels?

Perhaps you can send Goodyear an email to customer relations  or whatever and ask them to provide you with some info.

Lastly, try searching online for vintage NASCAR forums about restorations ... they have to have something out there.

By the way, I just setteled on putting 255 / 60 / 15 's on my road runner  with black rims and called it good.

Good luck and Godspeed,
JON 

moparguy01

Go hit up a asphault circle track. Even a local short one will do. Then get into the pits and look for some "scuffs" tell them you need 4 with the same stagger, and tell
them the height you want. I've never paid more than 30 bucks per scuff.

In case your wondering, a scuff is a tire that was already run on the track. It may have some good life left but is considered wore out if your running high speeds on asphault.

HPP

I'm pretty sure I've posted this before, but here it is again.

http://www.rogerkrausracing.com/

click on race tire pricing, then click the cobra tires box and it will pull up sizes compatible with what most muscle car guys are looking for. They have race slicks, rain tire, semi wet tires, even d.o.t. approved and V and Z rated 15" tires. But, they are all for racing and they aren't cheap.

BlaineKaiser450

Quote from: HPP on June 06, 2011, 09:50:02 AM
I'm pretty sure I've posted this before, but here it is again.

http://www.rogerkrausracing.com/

click on race tire pricing, then click the cobra tires box and it will pull up sizes compatible with what most muscle car guys are looking for. They have race slicks, rain tire, semi wet tires, even d.o.t. approved and V and Z rated 15" tires. But, they are all for racing and they aren't cheap.

I just called them and they said that they are almost all unavailable now! The search continues
1969 Plymouth Satellite - 440 - 727 - 3.73 - 8 3/4 Suregrip

1993 Dodge W350 Dually

1999 F250 7.3