News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which waterpump is best?

Started by mysil bergsprekken, June 03, 2011, 10:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mysil bergsprekken

Which waterpump fits my 69 Charger RT with a 440magnum?
Looked at yearone and found:

YQ86    Water pump fits 1969-and-earlier 361, 383, 400, 413, 426 Wedge and 440 engines without A/C. Cast-iron housing, aftermarket.
P4286900    Aluminum water pump housing for all B/RB and Hemi engines.
1988-8814    Edelbrock Victor series aluminum water pump for Mopar 361-440 B/RB engines including 426 Hemi.

Which one? Should I get cast iron or aluminum? Any suggestion of another waterpump?
Thank you for your response.
69 charger RT

Brightyellow69rtse

i ran a milodon high flow aluminum on my 400. its gonna go on the 440 too when the build is finished. id reccomend that to anyone.

y3chargerrt

I vote for the milidon high flow wp also. I  ran their matching high flow thermostat along with it.

oldschool

i would not buy it from year one. you will pay twice as much......
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

mysil bergsprekken

do you have to run a high flow termostat, when using high flow waterpump?
69 charger RT

mysil bergsprekken

Thanks for the advice. Yes yearone does seem to be more expensive. but when ordering a lot and getting 25% off from time to time helps.
But for waterpump I guess I'll get it from somewhere else.
Found the Milodon:
http://www.milodon.com/water-pumps/water-pumps.asp either alu or steel....

My original pump is a steel one i guess.
What kind of pump is the original one, and are we able to buy it (or a vey similar) one today?  Only info I found in the 69 service manual was: Water pump impeller; diameter-number of blades 4.38''- 8.
69 charger RT