News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TF 727 rebuild Tools

Started by solids0be, June 04, 2011, 06:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solids0be

Im strongly contemplating rebuilding my Transmission myself after getting a couple qoutes locally. What I need to know is what tools I will need to accomplish the task. Already on my list are a Good floor jack and a Transmission Adapter for it. After I get it off though and Im actually scooping out the Guts I need to know what to expect to buy. Now im sure if I just go out and buy the TF727 rebuild guide it will entail what ill need but I was hoping to get a general idea of what ill need from anyone who has had experence accomplishing the task. ALSO if someone could recommend me a Master rebuild kit that has everything required for a complete overhaul id appreciate it.

After I add up the Cost of the tools and the Master rebuild kit I will run it against the qoutes I recieved and see if it will be finacially viable to do it myself or just let the pros do it.

Domino

Here's a good video series:
18 parts uploaded so far, but it doesn't seem quite done.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Autotransmissions#p/u

solids0be

THANK YOU! My confidence in my ability to pull this off just increased 10 fold. Dissassembly looks like a piece of cake. Im going to review the assembly tomorrow.