News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do you ever buy parts for cars you don't own?

Started by Ghoste, June 02, 2011, 06:23:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Whether you plan to have one or not?

Oh, and guilty.

elacruze

LOL

Sometimes intentionally, sometimes incidentally, sometimes the seller lies.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

doctor4766

Yeah well I bought some brand small block Ford chrome valve covers a couple months ago cos they were cheap.
Dunno why but I did.
Might make a couple of bucks on them one day............................... or not
Gotta love a '69

Kern Dog

I bought taillights for a 72 Duster, then my Bro in law bought a car..... with bad taillights.
I cut out a 71 Demon taillight panel from the junkyard, but have yet to find a reasonably priced Demon that needed it.

Old Moparz

Yes, but not often, & with a decent reason. I once bought parts for a car I have, that was part of a "package" of parts for a different car. A local guy selling brand new, Year One floors for my '68 Coronet that came with a bunch of parts specifically for a '66 or '67 Coronet. The floors were the only thing I needed, but for $125 I also got a 318 block with a forged crank, dash frame, gauges, bezels, deck lid, fender skirts, & a couple of other things. I sold some of the stuff on Moparts & got most of my money back.  :2thumbs:

I've also snagged things over the years from junkyards while going there for other parts I needed. Things like steering wheels, door panels, seats, sheet metal, & other oddities. Some I traded for things I needed, or resold at swap meets or online. Some I still have because I either couldn't sell it or forgot what it was.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Nacho-RT74

I Got a NOS 318 forged crank, some surface rusted but sent to a machine shop to polish it. Got just for bussines since it was cheap
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

ITSA426

We just call it "inventory" or trading stock.  Or I save it for a future project I haven't developed yet.  Sometimes I'm amazed by the treasures I find in my own garage.

Magnumcharger

Yes...very guilty.

1931 Model A Ford Headlights and grille shell
1969 Charger 500 tailights, grille and rear window
1970 Coronet hood, fenders and doors
Shelby Cobra gas cap

Someday, I'll use 'em!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Charger_Fan

Guilty. :-[
I have a used console top for a '67 Cougar sitting in my garage, that I found for a "good deal" one day. I've never owned the car...and worst yet, a '69 Cougar is my favorite of the bunch. :lol: Ummmm,yeah. :eek2: I'll swap it one day to someone. Or maybe I'll end up feeding it to the garbage truck...I dunno.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

kab69440

Oh yeah! Mostly to install on my Charger...
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Manfred318

Guilty here. If I get a good deal sure Ill pick em up. I may be able to trade them for something I may need later or sell the for a profit at some point. For example, I had a bunch of '67 Fairlane parts a while back I got for nothing. I ebayed all that stuff and made well over $600 on it all. Sometimes it pays to pickup parts for stuff you dont own.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

gtx6970

you kidding, I've got thousands of parts for cars I don't own