News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

low RPM shift

Started by Drache, June 04, 2011, 10:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Anyone have a car with an auto transmission that would shift at 2900 rpm?  :scratchchin:

My dart shifts from first to second and second to third at 2900rpm, doesn't change no matter the speed it seems. And I noticed the slower you go the more the car seems to lurch forward when this shift happens. If you go fast you never notice the shift at all, like sliding on glass.

Yes Im hungover and have no idea what Im talking about.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

John_Kunkel

Have you checked the operation of the throttle pressure linkage?
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Drache

sorry for posting this as I was a little hung over.

I think I meant to ask about the shift kit in my car or something....  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Kern Dog

Uhhh, Mr Kunkel, the CORRECT term is KICKdown linkage... :lol:
I'm glad to see you use the Mopar terminology. Ma Mopar also used some other words that seem odd:
Driveshaft =           Propshaft
Clutch Z bar =        Torque shaft
Drag link =             Center link
Posi traction =        Sure Grip
Harmonic balancer=  Harmonic dampner
Clutch fan =           Torque drive fan

Drache

Quote from: John_Kunkel on June 04, 2011, 03:24:21 PM

Have you checked the operation of the throttle pressure linkage?

My kickdown linkage works very well, press you into the back of the seat and find your balls later type of well.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Kern Dog

D  runk
R  acer
A  sks
C  confused,
H  asn't
E  veryone?

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on June 04, 2011, 06:40:49 PM
I'm glad to see you use the Mopar terminology. Ma Mopar also used some other words that seem odd:

Actually, Mopar never used either the term "throttle pressure" or "kickdown", the term in the FSM is "throttle linkage" simply because they used a cable in place of the usual carburetor linkage.

As many here know, I am on a one-man campaign to eliminate the use of the term "kickdown linkage" which has put a lot of money in my pocket.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

flyinlow

Quote from: Drache on June 04, 2011, 10:30:53 AM
Anyone have a car with an auto transmission that would shift at 2900 rpm?  :scratchchin:

Yes