News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power Tour 2011

Started by JohnnyBee, June 03, 2011, 08:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyBee

We had registration in Port Canaveral today. Post images along the way.

TexasStroker

Very cool, hope you have a good time...
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

DC_1

Last image looks like someone had a little mishap.

ChgrSteve67

So what up in this picture?

looks a little too close for comfort.

DC_1

JohnnyBee

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on June 03, 2011, 10:29:57 PM
So what up in this picture?

looks a little too close for comfort.

Dont know how, or why it happened.

We as a group we all parked together. We all pulled in, no one parked in front of the light pole, someone would have had to back in. And as fate would have it, we did not setup our tent in the empty spot. After we parked, we all went over to registration. Some heard a car running wide open for just a second, then crash. The Austin A35 came from the next row of parking spots at very high speed and hit the light pole. It was like it was launched. Sooooo lucky no one was walking across and got hit and none of us sat in chairs in this spot. The driver was very badly hurt, and had to be mercy flighted out.

moparstuart

wow what a bummer on the accident

look for my two really good buddys

mike meads in the 70 coronet orange convertible and also scott shanks in a 70 yellow challenger convertible
  both great mopar guys and you cant miss there awesome cars

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bakerhillpins

Quote from: JohnnyBee on June 04, 2011, 05:28:33 AM

We as a group we all parked together. We all pulled in, no one parked in front of the light pole, someone would have had to back in. And as fate would have it, we did not setup our tent in the empty spot. After we parked, we all went over to registration. Some heard a car running wide open for just a second, then crash. The Austin A35 came from the next row of parking spots at very high speed and hit the light pole. It was like it was launched. Sooooo lucky no one was walking across and got hit and none of us sat in chairs in this spot. The driver was very badly hurt, and had to be mercy flighted out.

WOW. Talk about luck. Hope the driver is ok. Bet the throttle stuck when he was starting it. I unfortunately know what that is like. Looks like the front end of the Imperial didn't even get touched.

Bummer of a way to get started. Did the owner of the Coronet 500 continue on with the Tour?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: JohnnyBee on June 04, 2011, 05:28:33 AM

Wow... that sucks... and he had to phrig up 2 Mopars while he was at it  :icon_smile_blackeye:    Are they continuing with the tour ?   Tough break for them.

Last month at Rhinebeck show up my way,  an old dude's 39 Plymouth ( SBC w/ blower  ::) ) hot rod  had a similar kinda deal like that Austin.    For some unknown reason they decided to move it once it was already parked...   it's a hard starting pig on a good day....  and it has a generic hot rod wiring kit WITHOUT NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH. 
Somebody left it in gear and was pumping the throttle to get it to start and it left rubber across the grass, the ashphalt road and plowed straight into another guys Hemi rat rod . 

Anyway,  good luck on the tour  :cheers:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

BigBlackDodge

Cool! The Tour is coming right through my town (Valdosta). Cecil's SGMP is a nice racing facility..............but it's going to be very HOT!!!! :flame:

I look forward to seeing some nice mopars cruising through!

BBD

TheAutoArchaeologist