News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

texting + driving = crash

Started by chargd72, June 02, 2011, 01:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

ITSA426

We've got a 16 year old niece on a learner's permit as art of the family.   One firm rule we've laid down is "one time texting and driving and you lose the car and the phone." 

Charger_Fan

#1) What the hell is a mindless idiot like that doing driving anything other than a 1981 Tercel?
#2) That idiot (dumbass) needs to spend a weekend in jail worrying about every single slight movement of "Bruno-the anal wrecker"...his cellmate for the duration. :D Enuff said. :icon_smile_angry:
#3) No more driver's license for two years.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ponch ®

Saw this on LXForums (of course!) a couple of days ago. An astute individual pointed out that holding a camera while driving and recording the other car in such a dangerous situation is not exactly the brightest move either.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Old Moparz

I think all people should be sterilized so when people are finally gone the world will finally be a safe place.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

ChgrSteve67

Had two girls in a car yesterday texting on the freeway drift into my lane and almost hit me. Later they cut me off getting into the car pool lane, Guess they were in a hurry after they got off their phones.

Its like drinking and driving, does not matter how much you tell people not to do it they will continue to do it and kill people.
The news this morning was reporting a car crash that killed three, (drunk driving) and severely injured another. the person that survived was wearing a seat belt.
(Note: Single Car speeding and drove off the road - Vodka bottle found at crash site)
http://www.kcra.com/news/28118622/detail.html

Of course all three (Texting, DD and not wearing a seat belt) are against the law in CA.

I wish I could take a picture or video of these people, turn it into the cops, they get sited and I get a percentage of the money.
I would be rolling in dough.

RallyeMike

Too stupid to live. Hopefully nobody else has to go with him.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

derailed

Id be willing to bet they were still texting after they crashed.

Patronus

What about filming and driving??  :shruggy:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

TruckDriver

Quote from: Patronus on June 04, 2011, 02:26:19 PM
What about filming and driving??  :shruggy:

I have done that in the dump truck. Thats easy to do cause you just hold the camera in a general direction. But you dont have to keep looking at the phone like you do while texting. And in cases like this, its a good thing.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

PocketThunder

Quote from: TruckDriver on June 04, 2011, 04:33:42 PM
Quote from: Patronus on June 04, 2011, 02:26:19 PM
What about filming and driving??  :shruggy:

I have done that in the dump truck. Thats easy to do cause you just hold the camera in a general direction. But you dont have to keep looking at the phone like you do while texting. And in cases like this, its a good thing.

Its not much different than driving with on arm on the wheel and one arm across the seatback, or hanging out the window, etc... .   
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

terrible one

Really, I tend to agree with the top comments on the video . . . I have a hard time believing that was from texting. Much more like a drunk driver, especially bashing into the guardrail and stuff. Even the biggest moron, if they hadn't dropped the phone after that, would realize that they should put the phone down. I think this was a case of a drunk driver.

If I get a quick message from someone, I can somehow miraculously respond without driving off of the road. I don't even have to look down at the phone to write a reply.  :shruggy:

The REAL title should be "Being stupid + driving = crash"

GordonGriggs

I don't even talk on the phone while Im driving unless it is an emergency, Like reporting a drunk or wreckless driver. If I get a call I don't check it out until Im stopped at a traffic light with the car/truck out of gear and one foot on the brake. If I have to call back fast I pull off the road and park before I return call. Most of the time I just make them wait until I get to my destination. I don't know any text or conversation worth getting hurt, or dead for.
  When Im sitting at a traffic light waiting for it to turn green I watch the drivers that pass by. Im amazed at how many people are using their cell phones while they drive.

aussiemuscle

Quote from: derailed on June 04, 2011, 02:19:51 PM
Id be willing to bet they were still texting after they crashed.
"are you ok?"
"hang on, i'm just texting 911"

i've heard stories of pi$$ed of parents throwing said phones out the window when driver txt+drive.