News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I'm a jerk!

Started by Magnumcharger, June 02, 2011, 12:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnumcharger

Bless me Father for I have sinned.

I illegally (apparently) parked my Challenger at my local Sobey's grocery store.

No, I didn't park in the handicapped spot.
No, I didn't park in the "mothers with babies" spot.
No, I didn't park in the fire lane.

I parked diagonally across two parking spaces....in the back row of the parking lot.
Between me and the store I'd say there were maybe 500 parking spots open. And it was quite a trek to get to the store from there.

But that didn't stop TWO of the stores' security guards from jotting down my license plate number, and verbally accosting me and my wife when we arrived back at the car carrying our groceries.
(Did I mention I was in my military uniform?)

I was informed that they were calling a tow truck and that I wasn't permitted to park in this fashion.

Hmmm....

Surprisingly, I was rather civil to the two of them, and explained that I park like that because I've had my car vandalized, windsheild broken, doors opened into it, hood dented....all because of parking incidents in the last year. I pointed out the immediate avaliability of numerous prime parking spots between me and the store and explained that I wasn't depriving anybody of the chance to spend their money at that store.

Finally, I offered up that I just spent in excess of a hundred dollars at this very outlet, and I have a choice as to where I spend my money.
Then my wife and I got in my Challenger and left.

I still can't believe I didn't call them stupid, or "mall cops" or the like. Yes, I was pissed off.

But, am I wrong or right?

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Kern Dog

I think that you should have told these idiots that with all the sacrafices that YOUR brothers have made, YOU deserve a break. How BORED were these pee-ons ?  Nothing else to do? The only people that park FAR away are people that intend to protect their cars OR someone who intends to leave the car out of the way for awhile. These morons were obviously NOT car guys.

twodko

Sir, IMO you were absolutely correct. You took the high ground by not chewing those bozos out. These are people for whom common sense and professionalism are foreign concepts. There is no explaining the oddity of what happens to a person when they are given a rent-a-cop uniform. They become so full of themselves, many believing they have police powers, that they give a whole new meaning to annoying, obnoxious etc. If many of these people had more than a handful of brain cells they might.......might realize how pathetic their actions and petty their "security" attempts.
There must be smart and reasonable mallcops somewhere but the majority are not. Again my opinion. I have no use for rent-a-cops or lawyers. The best thing for our environment would be to disappear lawyers en mass first and a bunch of mallcops right after them so the shysters have something to eat in hell.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Old Moparz

It would have been interesting to go right back into the store will all the things you bought & return everything for a refund. Then when they ask you why the items are being returned, tell them WHY.   :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Lennard

Man you are courteous, I would just slowly put my groceries in my car... get in and leave two long tire marks on "their" asphalt.(If my engine would still be warm.)

moparstuart

you were definely in the right and the much better person in this . I would not have been so easy on them . 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nvrbdn

sounds like a criminal to me. and that accomplice you had with you could have hurt someone with her hand bag. and then wearing camo to try to hide from the authority figures. you should be ashamed of yourself. what if all of a sudden 501 people came to shop at that very moment and the last guy had to wait for someone to leave??? :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

They just wanted to look at your ride a little longer, :drool5: that was the excuses for why they were out by your Challenger. Unfortunately it is private property, subject to rules by the owner...You let them off easy, I would have told them to go pound salt, your a better man than, I am.  :angel:  :2thumbs:   THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR FINE COUNTRY, IN OUR FINE MILITARY....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Brass

That's why, as tempted as it might be to take two spaces, I always try to fit into one at the far end of the lot.  (Maybe even a little close to the line to discourage people from taking the next one over.)  My theory is that if there are open spots, there's no reason for someone to squeeze in directly beside - even if they could.  I've found that parking across two can create unwanted attention, and for some reason, incite the yokels.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: moparstuart on June 02, 2011, 01:58:51 PM
you were definely in the right and the much better person in this . I would not have been so easy on them . 

Agree.  With my work I deal with these "wanna be" cops all the time and am surprised that my customers hire some of these.   These jokes that you encountered would probably get fired for what they said to you.   At a retail corporate level, they realize that an unhappy customer won't come back.  I would write the corporate office and you'll probably get some gift cards from it.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

John_Kunkel

-
IMHO, parking diagonally across two spaces is a prime way to invite vandalism.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

mikepmcs

You were in uniform so you had no choice but to be civil as you represent more than yourself at that point.  
Would you have handled it differently in civies??
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69bronzeT5

Quote from: John_Kunkel on June 02, 2011, 03:22:16 PM
-
IMHO, parking diagonally across two spaces is a prime way to invite vandalism.

Yup. Back in the '90s my dad had just gotten his '69 GTO painted and he took it to a festival in Vancouver. He paid for 2 parking spots just so he could use them both. He came back to the car a few hours later to see somebody had kicked the doors in.  :RantExplode:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Old Moparz on June 02, 2011, 01:53:36 PM
It would have been interesting to go right back into the store will all the things you bought & return everything for a refund. Then when they ask you why the items are being returned, tell them WHY.   :D
That's a good one.  :yesnod:
I parked the exact same way at my large grocery store.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

doctor4766

Quote from: Brass on June 02, 2011, 02:53:17 PM
That's why, as tempted as it might be to take two spaces, I always try to fit into one at the far end of the lot.  (Maybe even a little close to the line to discourage people from taking the next one over.)  My theory is that if there are open spots, there's no reason for someone to squeeze in directly beside - even if they could.  I've found that parking across two can create unwanted attention, and for some reason, incite the yokels.

Me too, if I REALLY have to park at a shopping centre in the Charger, and I'll find a bay that's got no other cars near by.
But of course, you always come back to your car and find some jerk just HAD to park along side you, leaving the other 20 or so surrounding bays empty.
Gotta love a '69

RallyeMike

I am a mall cop, and I agree that you are a complete jerk  :flame:

I'll bet you were dripping oil all over the parking lines that were JUST freshened. Have you considered the possible consequences of you actions? Pretty soon everybody is parking like "Mr special car-guy" and then we would have absolute parking pandemonium. Before you know it people are coming in against the out arrow and baby carriages are being run over. What kind of message does it send to our youthful and impressionable drivers when you thumb your nose at authority by not parking between the lines? Do you think they were put there for fun and games? The lines were not placed there at considerable planning and expense as a "suggested" parking arrangement. I can see that you have an authority problem, and if you ever pull into my parking lot I'm going to blow my whistle at you and write down your license plate. You can bet on that!

Also, we're not able to hold down a real security job, and we don't really have anything else to do.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Magnumcharger

I'm lovin' these responses!!

Would I be the same in Civvies? Yes, I'm the same guy regardless.
Would I be so polite if my wife wasn't with me?  :scratchchin:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Old Moparz

Quote from: Magnumcharger on June 02, 2011, 07:50:55 PM
I'm lovin' these responses!!

Would I be the same in Civvies? Yes, I'm the same guy regardless.
Would I be so polite if my wife wasn't with me?  :scratchchin:

I thought I read skivvies.   :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on June 02, 2011, 03:07:12 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 02, 2011, 01:58:51 PM

Agree.  With my work I deal with these "wanna be" cops all the time and am surprised that my customers hire some of these.   These jokes that you encountered would probably get fired for what they said to you.   At a retail corporate level, they realize that an unhappy customer won't come back.  I would write the corporate office and you'll probably get some gift cards from it.

:iagree:

I would have made sure that the store manager was aware of me returning the goods and how I was going to recommend their competition to all my acquaintances.  :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

A383Wing

I would have waited for the tow truck, then as soon as it got there...leave

69rtse4spd

I agree, you were the better person. Although it dose erik me when people park like that at work, you just want to carry a floor jack with you & park them the right way. You also could have explained to the two (parking attendees) that you had to keep up with your S.T.6 training as you got in your car. :icon_smile_big:.

P.S.  Thank you for your service.   

TK73

Never really wanted to park across 2 spaces but now that it is forbidden...

Just like in the 90's: never thought of burning a US flag until we were told it was forbidden...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

bull

Quote from: TK73 on June 02, 2011, 11:16:29 PM

Just like in the 90's: never thought of burning a US flag until we were told it was forbidden...

Did you know that it is forbidden to murder and rape too?

TK73

Quote from: bull on June 02, 2011, 11:50:09 PM
Quote from: TK73 on June 02, 2011, 11:16:29 PM

Did you know that it is forbidden to murder and rape too?

Apples / pomegranates...

TK73

Soul Suckin Jerk

Caddy

I got a job making money for the man
throwing chicken in a bucket with a soda pop can

Puke green uniform on my back
I had to set it on fire in vat of chicken fat

I leaped on the counter like a bird with no hair
running through the mini-mall in my under ware

I got lost downtown, couldn't find a ride home
sun went down, I got frozen to the bone

Till a Hooker let me share her fake fur coat
As I took a little nap, the cops picked up us both

I tried to explain I was only trying to get warm
I knew I never ever should have burned my uniform

He said, \"Too bad, better bite the bullet hard son.\"
I didn't have no teeth so I stole his gun

As I crawled out the window with my shadow on the spoon
Dancing on the roof shooting holes in the moon

get busy

you know it

I Ain't gonna work for no soul sucking jerk
I'm gonna take it all back and I ain't sayin' jack (2X)

(something really distorted)

I'm standing right here with the beer in my hand
and my mouth is full of sand and I don't understand

Fourteen days I've been sleeping in a pawn
Better get a claim check tattooed on my arm

Whistling Dixie with the Dixie cup filled
[. From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/b/beck-lyrics/soul-suckin-jerk-lyrics.html .]
with the Barbecue sauce and the dental floss gel

Big fat fingers pointing into my face
telling me to get busy cleaning up this place

I got bent like a wet cigarette
Now she's coming after me with a butterfly net

Riding on a moo cow ringing a bell
Black cat wrapped and I'm rolling down the hill

Muzzle on my leg and I'm trying not to beg
taking turns baking worms with the bacon and eggs

Now they got me in a bird cage flapping my jaw
like a brothel in the stars just waiting to fall

So gimme what I've got to get so I can go
Cause I ain't washing dishes in the ditch no more

I'm gonna take it all back and I ain't sayin' jack (2X)

no no no no...

soul sucking jerk (fish voice)

I'm gonna take it all back and I ain't sayin' jack

you know it

I Ain't gonna work for no soul sucking jerk (fades)

- Beck