News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cool Charger Story!

Started by gnrl01, January 12, 2006, 02:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnrl01

8 yrs ago I sold my 69 Charger project car that I was currently making into a General Lee replica, In the middle of the restoration I went through a baad divorce and had to sell the car. I had two boys then 7 and 3 at the time that loved the car as much as I did. I still have the picture of the car with them sitting in the window like the Duke Boys! It was the day the car left. I won't even say how much I let the car and all the parts go for. I needed money bad just to pay bills but my heart left with that car. I felt like my dream was over. My wife now supported me and influenced me to go back after my dream car. Yesterday I received a letter from The Dept of Transportation stating someone from North Dakota wanted to pay me for a duplicate title, after 8 yrs and changing hands 4 times the car is still in my name. Being a Mopar guy myself I would love just to see my old rod on the road again. The car has undergone alot of work but is still very much a project car. The guy is not only going to forward me pictures of my car as it is today, but is going to sign up on my baord and become a member, I told him I want to really see the progress and see it restored. That would be the biggest payment in the world to me. He is going to make it a Daytona Wing car Clone. It is amazing how things like this happen. I am just so glad to hear it is still around I saved it from the crusher back then for a whopping $250 bucks and it was a complete car minus drivetrain. Now the car is being sold for $6500 as a rolling chassis. I really hope to see alot of you guys stop in at my site also. Like I promised I am here to stay but would love to have you guys as members at mine also. The message board you can now see all the topics even as a guest now. It had a glitch before and you had to be a member just to see them. Come see us at MIDWESTHOTRODS.US I will post some pics very soon of this car! Cool Story??

Blown70

He in ND?  What part  I live in Fargo,

Tom

gnrl01

The gentleman lives in Beulah,Nd  ;D

Blown70

IC  down the road a bit from me.

Tom

Charger_Fan

Yep, a good story. :yesnod:
Of course you're gonna post some pics when you get them, right?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500