News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for measurements

Started by dongar69, June 01, 2011, 08:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dongar69

I am in the process of checking gaps and my trunk lid gap is narrower near the quarter corners. Does anyone have a measurement between the quarters where the quarter corners mount?

dongar69

This is the measurement I am looking for, between the red brackets.

Kern Dog

Your joking, right?
Body gaps on these cars, and MOST American classics were intended to be consistant, but rarely were. Sure, sloppy assembly practices 40 years ago doesn't mean that we have to do it that way. Theres no reason why you cannot make all the panels line up with nice gaps. It may not be easy though. Custom builders will mock up the body to see where additional work will be needed. In some cases, gaps can be tightened up by adding metal to the edges of doors, trunklids, fenders or hoods.
The goal? I'd say 1/4 inch. 3/16 inch looks better, but I'd worry about chipping paint with gaps that tight.

Troy

I'll try to measure mine tonight.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Richard Cranium

I am Dr. Remulac

JerseyJoe

My quarters measured 54 1/4 inches from tip to tip, without the extensions. Just put it back together with the new quarters and it's :2thumbs:

Troy

I finally got the pics...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.