News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone heard or have experience with PAINTSHOP 101 in Houston area??

Started by green69rt, May 25, 2011, 05:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

I am starting to shop in the Houston Texas area for a paint shop to take my Charger.  I found a listing for a place called Paint Shop 101 in San Antonio Texas on the AMD site.  Any body got any news on them??

bigblue73

They are a decent shop.  They work with Plum Floored Creations out of the Phoenix / Scottsdale area.  I've seen their work and it very nice.  Personally, I've worked with them on a few transmission installation and they seem like a good group.

Are you looking to restoration / custom work or mainstream collision repair?

green69rt

I'm doing all the metal repair, etc. myself.  I want to take it to someone to check the frame for straightness, do all the final panel fitup and then paint the car and return it to me.  Any news on any other shops in my area (Houston) would be welcome.

69Charger_440

I'm from San Antonio and was referred to them by a member of the San Antonio Mopar Club back in '06 or '07.  When I went to go check them out in person, the owner whose name I can't remember, seemed like a pretty nice guy.  He is pretty much a Mopar fanatic.  He had some high-end cars at the time, e.g. Hemi '69 500, few rag top Chally's, a few Cuda's, one or two Roadrunners, and one or two Chargers.  My only issue at the time was that he was looking for some reliable help since he apparently was having trouble finding good help.  I didn't end up using them solely for the reason that I couldn't afford it at the time.

A few months ago I was shopping for some AMD floors pans and decided to use Paint Shop 101.  When inquiring about the floor pans, the owner told me they would be shipped for free since he would include my order with another large order he had pending.  When I went in person to order and pay for them at PS101, he contacted AMD and was told that it was too late to include my order and that they would have to charge him/me for my order.  He spent a few minutes trying to talk to the supervisor so that they could include my order with the larger order, but no dice.  Anyhow, since he had originally told me that it would be free shipping, he ate the shipping charges.  I hadn't even said a word to him and was prepared to pay the shipping charges, but he took it upon himself to honor what he had told me.  That to me, spoke volumes about him and his character.  I don't know him personally nor do I go there often, but that has been my limited experience with the owner.

Fernando      

472 R/T SE

I'd contact hemi68charger.  Troy lives in the Houston area.  I'm pretty sure there's other members' from that area as well.  Maybe edit your title to help reel in some Houstonians'?

green69rt

Quote from: green69rt on May 25, 2011, 05:04:57 PM
I am starting to shop in the Houston Texas area for a paint shop to take my Charger.  I found a listing for a place called Paint Shop 101 in San Antonio Texas on the AMD site.  Any body got any news on them??

Bump

shart70rt

Check with Paul/Patty at Advanced Restorations in Huffman.

(281) 324-7284

Specialize in Mopar and have been great to me for 10 plus years.
Stephen Hart
1970 Charger RT, 440, console 4-speed, Dana 60 3.54
500 Stroker, Edelbrock Heads, Edelbrock intake, dual 600 CFM Carbs,
Comp Hydraulic Roller
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch setup, Passon Performance overdrive gearset in 833 18 spline 4 spd.
TTI 2 inch headers and 3 inch exhaust.
Subframe connectors
P-S-T polygraphite suspension
4 wheel disc brakes
Classic Auto Air AC
Billet Performance Serpentine Assy
reassembly in progress

TexasStroker

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on May 25, 2011, 10:15:45 PM
I'm from San Antonio and was referred to them by a member of the San Antonio Mopar Club back in '06 or '07.  When I went to go check them out in person, the owner whose name I can't remember, seemed like a pretty nice guy.  He is pretty much a Mopar fanatic.  He had some high-end cars at the time, e.g. Hemi '69 500, few rag top Chally's, a few Cuda's, one or two Roadrunners, and one or two Chargers.  My only issue at the time was that he was looking for some reliable help since he apparently was having trouble finding good help.  I didn't end up using them solely for the reason that I couldn't afford it at the time.

A few months ago I was shopping for some AMD floors pans and decided to use Paint Shop 101.  When inquiring about the floor pans, the owner told me they would be shipped for free since he would include my order with another large order he had pending.  When I went in person to order and pay for them at PS101, he contacted AMD and was told that it was too late to include my order and that they would have to charge him/me for my order.  He spent a few minutes trying to talk to the supervisor so that they could include my order with the larger order, but no dice.  Anyhow, since he had originally told me that it would be free shipping, he ate the shipping charges.  I hadn't even said a word to him and was prepared to pay the shipping charges, but he took it upon himself to honor what he had told me.  That to me, spoke volumes about him and his character.  I don't know him personally nor do I go there often, but that has been my limited experience with the owner.

Fernando      

Sounds like a great guy.  Dave, 68rrflyer, does some very good paint and body and is a member here.  I can't think of his site, but you should be able to find it.  That would save you a bit of a drive.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!