News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What extra parts do you have in your trunk?

Started by Back N Black, May 31, 2011, 07:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

I have Spare:
voltage regulator
starter relay
ignition coil
Distributor (complete)
Orange box
Alt and fan belts
Ballast resistor
Tool box with misc clamps, hoses, bailing wire, fuses, electrical wire, electrical tape and tools.

resq302

I like to carry my spare tire in my trunk.   :slap: :smilielol:

Really depends on where I am going.  If it is any where far, I have the same stuff that you mentioned but if it is fairly close, within an hour drive or so, I just have quick fix stuff like my tool box, ballast resistor, belts, etc.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

westcoastdodge

I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

1969chargerrtse

Electronic voltage regulator in original regulator housing.  Wax, polish, trani fluid, rags, tire, small jack, tire wrench.
Foldable chair.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

71ChallengeHer

Voltage regulator, starter relay, ballast resistor, some tools, extra oil, anti-freeze, chairs and tons of cleaning supplies. And my cooler.  :cheers:

TK73

Cowboy boots, a .32, calamine lotion, coupla devil duckies, 4 Ding Dongs( individually wrapped), the Bhagavad Gita, PS3 controller and a tire tool
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

TK73

Damn near forgot the Holy Grail knock-off and Marsellus Wallaces' soul...

ITSA426

AAA gold card and a cell phone are the only extra things I drag around unless it's a long distance trip.  These were reliable back in the day, no reason to expect less of them now.

twodko

Same here....AAA card/cell phone. I also carry 2 chairs, small folding table, little cooler, small milk crate looking thing with cleaning stuff-quick detail-rags-windex, backgammon board/cards, EZ-up behind the seats on the floor, my wife's "break downable" electric 3 wheel scooter, small tool bag, spare tire.........oh, and the wife too.  ;D
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

moparstuart

Quote from: TK73 on May 31, 2011, 09:13:38 PM
Damn near forgot the Holy Grail knock-off and Marsellus Wallaces' soul...
zed's dead baby , zed's dead
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: twodko on June 01, 2011, 10:37:50 AM
Same here....AAA card/cell phone. I also carry 2 chairs, small folding table, little cooler, small milk crate looking thing with cleaning stuff-quick detail-rags-windex, backgammon board/cards, EZ-up behind the seats on the floor, my wife's "break downable" electric 3 wheel scooter, small tool bag, spare tire.........oh, and the wife too.  ;D
Good points. I also have the AAA gold card and cell phone. You guys should take yours out of the trunk and put them in your interior. That's where I keep mine. In the trunk the thin card could get lost, plus the cell phone would probably bang around the trunk. Just a thought.  :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

71charger_fan

I have a spare ignition box in the trunk and ballast resistor in the glove box. Anything more than that and it's tow truck time.

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

ODZKing

voltage regulator
starter relay
ignition coil
Orange box
Ballast resistor (actually in the glove box)
Tool box
misc clamps
wire
fuses (also in glove box)
electrical tape
Oil
Trans Fluid
bulbs
rags
cleaning accessories
Scissor jack (because I'm not using the "bumper jack" on my rechromed bumpers)

Plum Crazy 68

TK73

Plum Crazy 68

Typically carry the extra voltage regulators, universal radiator hose, and a tool box with no "Metric" wrenches.  The uncomfortable clown is up between the grill and radiator. ;D

tsmithae

Quote from: Plum Crazy 68 on June 01, 2011, 01:40:53 PM
25 Clowns.....Comfortably.

25 clowns, maybe you should start offering driving services for clowns for when their car breaks down.
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

billssuperbird

oldgold69

hey twodko  be nice and let your wife ride in front :hah:

Richard Cranium

Since we're talking about junk in the trunk....................

:o
I am Dr. Remulac

twodko

Quote from: oldgold69 on June 01, 2011, 07:19:18 PM
hey twodko  be nice and let your wife ride in front :hah:

Well, OK but its under protest. :icon_smile_wink:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

68 RT

Quote from: ITSA426 on June 01, 2011, 09:12:44 AM
AAA gold card and a cell phone are the only extra things I drag around unless it's a long distance trip.  These were reliable back in the day, no reason to expect less of them now.

:2thumbs: Agree 100%

oldgold69