News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gasket by sending unit on fuel tank

Started by 7chargers, May 31, 2011, 01:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7chargers

I dont know the name but the ring that holds the sending unit on my gas tank apears to be leaking when filled half way. I looked at it and the tank is in good shape and the sending unit doesnt look that old but when I put alittle downward pressure on the sending unit it leaks gas. I believe it needs a new gasket. Anyone one know what Im talking about and where I could get a new seal? I looked on Mancini's but couldnt find the seal for sale, just the ring that hold the sending unit into place? Thanks

Chatt69chgr

Not sure where you can get one but do remember reading some time ago that there were a bunch of these rubber gasket rings that were manufacturered too thin.  So be careful when you get a new one that after you install it, you check if very carefully for leaks.

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

7chargers