News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NEED A BREAK......

Started by leeandgrant, May 27, 2011, 08:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leeandgrant

Not by any means am I giving up my cars, :think: but....

Have you ever gotten to a point to where you want a break from your cars :'(

I just want to put the cars on the back burner for a while and enjoy life :'(  But I got some friends who think I am crazy and think that I am deserting them and my cars. :pullinghair:

What are your thoughts?

What brings you back to your car in full force :scratchchin:
1968 318 Charger
1969 440 General Lee
1970 440/4speed Super Bee clone Project
1968 383 Charger project
1969 charger parts car
1977 Plymouth Trailduster
2003 Dodge Hemi Ram
2009 Dodge Charger Super Bee SRT
2000 Dodge dually diesel

bobs66440

Sometimes when I get really aggrivated, I walk away for a while. Judging by your comments, you're not having fun with them, so I would take a break. You only have to make yourself happy.  :2thumbs: When you miss it, you will go back...

Road Dog

If I drive the wife's Town & Country for a day or more I have to go drive the Charger to undo the damage. :icon_smile_big:
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

CB

Quote from: bobs66440 on May 27, 2011, 08:06:04 PM
Sometimes when I get really aggrivated, I walk away for a while. Judging by your comments, you're not having fun with them, so I would take a break. You only have to make yourself happy.  :2thumbs: When you miss it, you will go back...
:iagree:

When frustration kicks in the best thing you could do is close the door of your shop for a little while.
What brings me back to go tinker around with my car is having the funds for those needed parts or just because it seems ages that I put energy into it.
1 lesson I learned, don't put the project on a time schedule or give yourself a deadline.
:Twocents:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Kern Dog

I've been there.
This place where I live requires a lot of maintenence. Tree trimming, yard work, fence repair..... I often alternate between cars and stuff around the yard. There are times when I have spent too much time at ONE area and start itching to get back to the other.

moparstuart

winter always gives me enough of a break , i'm usually chomping at the bit to get back at it by spring
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

leeandgrant

Thanks guys :2thumbs:

I was just starting to wonder if I am going crazy or not :icon_smile_question:

Really love my cars, but I have been around them since I was knee high to a grass hopper. (my father had a salvage yard). He is also into B body Mopars. He has had numerous Road Runners since I can remember. So it is safe to say that I have been around Mopars all my life. Where I live It is a small community and every year at the same car shows it is the same CARS, THE SAME STUPID PEOPLE WITH THE SAME  "LAME BACK WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE STORIES". I am not old by anymeans yet, only thirty three, but just bored.

1968 318 Charger
1969 440 General Lee
1968 383 Charger project
1969 charger parts car
2003 Dodge Hemi Ram
2000 Dodge dually diesel

bobs66440

Sounds like a change is in order  :yesnod:

Richard Cranium

I took a break for about 8 years & now I'm back in full force.
I am Dr. Remulac

1969chargerrtse

Very normal.  To answer your question, to each his own.  When the time is right you will be bored from doing other things and then miss the cars.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

elacruze

Change up, stay happy. I had a 9 year stretch where the Charger was parked under cover without seeing the light of day.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

70charginglizard

When your hobbies get in front or your resposibilities with the real things in life then Its usually a sign that it's time you shelve the hobbies for a while. Thats what I've found.  :2thumbs:

70charginglizard

64dartgt

You just need to go to a car show for some inspiration.  I have been busting my hump in the yard all spring.  I have been driving the 73 Charger (with its bad bearing) a little while I wait for its 340 to come together but I haven't even dug the 64 Dart out of the garage.  The winter cover is still on the boat and I have to ship out to Japan Sat. at 4am for work.  I just hope I am not so jet-lagged when I return that I lose the next weekend too.  At this rate I 'll be lucky to have the boat in the the fourth.  Oh yeah...and I need to open the pool too.   :brickwall:

leeandgrant

Hey 64dartgt,
I would love to be able to get to a "real" car show. Had plans two months ago to go up to The Mopar Show up by Minneapolis........ but someone at worked pulled the seniority card and bumped me out of my weekend off and now I have to work next weekend. :flame:
1968 318 Charger
1969 440 General Lee
1968 383 Charger project
1969 charger parts car
2003 Dodge Hemi Ram
2000 Dodge dually diesel

64dartgt

That sucks.  If it makes you feel better I got poison ivy this weekend.  :2thumbs:

shart70rt

I hate poison ivy. One spot turns to full body coverage, and I mean full body. Steroid shots, and several over the counter scrubs, salves, etc to get better. Bad enough sometimes I have to wrap up in gauze. Look like the return of the mummy.

I have not driven my 70 in two years, and made no progress last 6 months. Other priorities.
Stephen Hart
1970 Charger RT, 440, console 4-speed, Dana 60 3.54
500 Stroker, Edelbrock Heads, Edelbrock intake, dual 600 CFM Carbs,
Comp Hydraulic Roller
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch setup, Passon Performance overdrive gearset in 833 18 spline 4 spd.
TTI 2 inch headers and 3 inch exhaust.
Subframe connectors
P-S-T polygraphite suspension
4 wheel disc brakes
Classic Auto Air AC
Billet Performance Serpentine Assy
reassembly in progress

bobs66440

Quote from: shart70rt on May 31, 2011, 09:34:09 PM
I hate poison ivy. One spot turns to full body coverage, and I mean full body. Steroid shots, and several over the counter scrubs, salves, etc to get better. Bad enough sometimes I have to wrap up in gauze. Look like the return of the mummy.
:o OUCH!  :-\

jaak

Yes, sometimes I get tired of it and take a break. Sometimes there are 3-6 months spells, I won't even touch the car. And with work, I usually work a lot of OT the summer months, so from late spring until fall, I don't do much to it anyways.

Jason