News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door Weather Strip Help...

Started by Mopar Crazy, May 31, 2011, 08:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Crazy

Just getting my 68 Charger back from the body shop. I need to buy new weather stripping. 
I have read other posts where guys have horror stories of new weather stripping that doesn't compress and doors needing to be realigned.
The last thing I want is to start slamming, and realigning the doors.  Unfortunately I don't have the original weather stripping.
Since the weather strip is so expensive, Has anyone purchased new stripping lately? and what companies stripping works the best.

Thanks
peter
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

HANDM

I got all my weatherstripping from metro, I read after the fact that the compression rate will cause mis alignment..........I gapped my panels and installed the stuff and have had no door or trunk closing issues.......seems to have been decent stuff

bobs66440

I think Steele Rubber is generally regarded as having a good quality product, though I haven't tried them.

https://secure.steelerubber.com/search_frameset.php

jaak

I used all Metro too, everything was ok except the door weatherstrip, no matter how many adjustments I made...you had to slam the $hit out of the doors to get them to close. I finally just pulled them off. I'm going to try to find used originals or go with a universal weatherstrip.

Jason

y3chargerrt

Buy Metro supersoft LM23. The weatherstripping I used back in 2002 when I painted my Charger is still hard as a rock and won't compress enough to get the doors to close all the way.

sanders7981

was wondering about this myself...  :popcrn:

Mopar Crazy

Thanks Y3,   I'll call metro and order  LM-23.   :cheers:

y3chargerrt

Make sure its the supersoft type.Its soft and spongy so it should compress well.

bill440rt

Quote from: y3chargerrt on June 01, 2011, 12:47:45 PM
Make sure its the supersoft type.Its soft and spongy so it should compress well.

x2  :iagree:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

twodko

Quote from: Mopar Crazy on June 01, 2011, 10:31:16 AM
Thanks Y3,   I'll call metro and order  LM-23.   :cheers:

Do you have all the white plastic hooks to attach the new weather stripping to all the little holes in the doors? If not or you're missing some, I have a new unopened YO bag of them........I bought 2 bags - I don't know why?
If you need them they are yours.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

jaak

So Metro makes two types of door weatherstrip?  :shruggy:

Jason

Mopar Crazy

twodko:  No,  I dont have the white clips, I thought they came with the weather strip??? If not I will def. need them.  
Thank you for your offer,  :2thumbs:    I'll call metro, and if I need them I'll send you a PM....

Thanks again.. Peter

twodko

No worries, I had bought 2 packages on the advice of the body shop. One bag was more than enough. :cheers:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!