News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Changing interior color on a C500

Started by C500, May 29, 2011, 05:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Changin the interior color on the C500?

Keep the inside green
Do the white seats and doors

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69bronzeT5

Quote from: RallyeMike on May 30, 2011, 12:08:37 PM
I don't think it's going to look right with green and white mixed interior pieces (keeping green dash dash, A-pillar, etc.), therefore my vote would be to stick with Green. I really admire cars with non-black or non-white interiors as they are 1) less common, and 2) more difficult to maintain and match colors when restoring.

Ain't that the truth.....I got parchment interior in my Duster. It not quite white and not quite gold. It's a b*tch to find stuff for. I voted for green for your C500 btw ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

C500

Ok, thanks gents.  :cheers:

I definitely think the white looks better, but due to the car having the original numbers drive train, color and fender tag, keeping it the correct factory color does appeal to me. I'm not going down the road of restoring to exact factory specs with everything, but she will be pretty close. The main things I'm replacing from stock are good Edelbrock IAS shocks, new US radiators high efficiency radiator (black not alluminium) aftermarket exhaust and front SSBC discs upgraded from front drums (these SSBC kits are pretty similar to a Bendix factory type).

:cheers: :2thumbs:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."