News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New 2012 Chevy "Capiece" cop car

Started by bull, May 26, 2011, 12:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

This thing has all sorts of fancy, sci-fi, Minority Report-type gadgetry aboard. And it doesn't say Dodge anywhere on it.

http://translogic.aolautos.com/2011/05/23/translogic-55-lapd-chevy-caprice-ppv/

John_Kunkel

"Can't find in America"? I wonder how they get it past Kalifornia's draconian smog laws.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

ChgrSteve67

too bad it doesn't have a HEMI in it.
Next

Crime will go down just because the criminals won't want to be seen in it.

Khyron

I made it 30 seconds before I wanted to punch the host in the face.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

68r/t

I think it is an Australian Holden Caprice because it is rear wheel drive.

TX9H6E4CUDA

Cannot wait for those to hit the police auctions. Looks like I found the replacement for my 9c1 caprice daily driver. So I wonder where the computer is to run drivers licenses, plates,calls, write tickets, and reports?  What a duche bag of a host.
For the best powder coating talk to Larry at JIT Powder Coating. Absolutely amazing service, awesome quality,amazing attention to detail. Give Larry a call at 651-463-4664
Thanks again Larry

aussiemuscle

Quote from: 68r/t on May 26, 2011, 06:24:55 PM
I think it is an Australian Holden Caprice because it is rear wheel drive.
yeah, gm scrapped all their rear wheel drive platforms, so had to get one from the back of beyond. they'll be made in usa, but this is filler import until they retool for a new platform. unfortunately ford australia dropped their LWB falcon.

John_Kunkel

I think it is an Australian Holden Caprice

Which is actually a reskinned Pontiac G8.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

68r/t

Quote from: John_Kunkel on May 30, 2011, 04:39:35 PM
I think it is an Australian Holden Caprice

Which is actually a reskinned Pontiac G8.

I think you will find it is the otherway around, the G8 was a rebadged Holden Commodore.

aussiemuscle

The G8 is doomed. they won't have any room for it in their line up (which will be all Front wheel drive too).

"General Motors has just announced that production of its next-generation 2014 Chevrolet Impala will be shifted to its Detroit-Hamtramck manufacturing plant. At this plant it will be produced alongside the Chevrolet Volt and Malibu and this decision to move Impala production is an early indication that the Holden Commodore won't be returning to U.S. shores."

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1060618_2014-chevrolet-impalas-move-to-detroit-could-spell-end-for-commodore-hopes