News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 74 charger standard/SE

Started by challenger, May 28, 2011, 09:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

challenger

Had a 1973 charger SE Brougham, 400, factory sunroof, bulge hood, hidaway headlights with headlight wiperwashers and rallye taillights... wish I had never sold it! :'(  I just picked up 3 chargers, two 73 standard/rallye and one 74 SE.  The SE is extremely straight with a 400 fully loaded.  The 73's have too much body work and rust, but does have all the parts needed, hood, hidaway headlight grill and rear windows to make the 74 a great rallye car. I like the article and pictures "74charger360" wrote about removing those opera window. Someone tagged a link to a site that showed drawings and specs of the different charger tops.  One of them had a standard roof with an SE emblem located on the pillar.  Can't find pictures of real cars with this or much information.  Did they make a non opera window SE?

Nacho-RT74

yes, on 73 non opera windows SE were an option, pretty much weird to find, I think I have senn about 4 o 5 on the web in 10 years.

I'm not a big fan of SEs being converted, but thats just me.

requires elongate the roof drip rail, cut the pillar and make an U cut on quarter jam to be able to roll down the glass. Bieng you have other cars what I guess will be used for donor, the parts hunt won't be a problem, what it is usually the problem.

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

challenger

That's great information.  I hadn't seen these as well and was wondering.  I would just keep the 73's and work with them, but they are in pretty bad shape and great for donors.  Every SE on the road looks pretty much the same with those opera windows and I like the simple look of the standards lines.  Not afraid of the modifications, but I did remember that I'll have to add on the drip railing.  Been waiting to see more pictures of 74charger360's work.