News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How not to wash a Coronet R/T

Started by bull, January 09, 2006, 02:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerRob

Nice Coronet R/T. Good Luck with the resto. Welcome to the site.  :2thumbs:
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

TeeWJay426

Nice cars, Mark! Still have the '67 GTX as well? Hope you stick around the site.... don't let a few 'critics' sour you on us. We aren't really a bad bunch at all.... just some like to bust cojones more than others.  :icon_smile_big:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

blackcharger

thanks for sharing, and welcome to the site.

hotrod98

Welcome to the site.   We are a little protective of all mopars though, so don't take the jabs too personally.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Plumcrazy

Boy, the tone of this thread sure changed.  ;D

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Texas-Jacksons

Well, I'm glad to say that I actually feel somewhat welcomed.  Since we are in the process of rebuilding our website, I'll be sure to remove that picture so that no future bashings occur.

As for the R/T...timing is everything.  I have a 2 year old daughter now, so the timing is not quite right.  However, parts and pieces and being completed, tagged, and put on a shelf.  When things are more stable, the R/T project will begin.  I still have to finish my Father-in-Law's 1968 Road Runner and his 1967 Coronet R/T first.  Plus, I need to sell/trade off some of the non-mopar vehicles and items before I get to it.  Oh, the vinyl top was a poor quality reproduction, so I didn't feel to bad blasting it.  I'll put the correct one on it the next go around.

We still have our two 1967 GTXs.  Currently, I'm finishing a OEM spec rebuild on the numbers matching engine and transmission on the Blue GTX.  I have acquired a NOM 1967 HP440 block for our Red GTX.  That is my wife's car.

I hope you all don't mind that I don't own my Chargers any more.  I gave my 1967 Charger (plus a 1966 parts car) to a family friend.  He recently purchased a very nice rust-free 1967 Charger to build, instead of my old one.  So he will have two real good parts cars to build one very nice '67.  We also just completed a 383HP rebuild for it.

I hope to speak to you all in the future.
Sincerely,
Mark Jackson

www.texas-jacksons.com/garage

Troy

I always watch these types of threads with amusement because you never really know who is really reading them (or whose friends are reading). It seems to happen at least once every few months. It's a pretty small world - especially in the Mopar hobby AND this site is, after all, very public and indexed in many places.

As for the Coronet... it's near the top of my favorites list and I'll own one some day (68 or 69 but partial to the 68s). I weigh a tad over 135 and have also stood on the firewall/cowl of one of my Chargers on several occasions. It's much easier with the hood off so your feet will fit on the support instead of the flat top or vents. I figure if the car can withstand a full-on frontal impact with a tree and the hood only created a 1/4" dent in the cowl then I'm not likely to cause irreparable harm with my tennis shoes. ;)

I'm glad you found us any way Texas-Jacksons. :wave:

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

RT DAVE

Quote from: Troy on June 22, 2006, 01:37:09 PM
I always watch these types of threads with amusement because you never really know who is really reading them (or whose friends are reading). It seems to happen at least once every few months. It's a pretty small world - especially in the Mopar hobby AND this site is, after all, very public and indexed in many places.

As for the Coronet... it's near the top of my favorites list and I'll own one some day (68 or 69 but partial to the 68s). I weigh a tad over 135 and have also stood on the firewall/cowl of one of my Chargers on several occasions. It's much easier with the hood off so your feet will fit on the support instead of the flat top or vents. I figure if the car can withstand a full-on frontal impact with a tree and the hood only created a 1/4" dent in the cowl then I'm not likely to cause irreparable harm with my tennis shoes. ;)

I'm glad you found us any way Texas-Jacksons. :wave:

Troy

I sure am glad I'm tall enough (6'5") that I don't have to stand on my car to wash the roof.     :stirthepot:
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Texas-Jacksons on June 22, 2006, 01:25:36 PM

I hope you all don't mind that I don't own my Chargers any more. 
That's ok, there's plenty of others here who don't either. ;D
Cool story, sorry for the loss of your Dad.

Welcome to the site!  :wave:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BB1

Boy... do I feel like a tool.  :rotz: sorry sorry sorry
Delete my profile

69charger383

Ya well, hes floating in this one :haha:
Mopar or No Car!

8WHEELER

Yeah, its a cable or a rope he is on. I almost bought a 68 exactly like that in every way, last year  :rotz: :rotz:
could not pull off the sale  ::) ::)  darn ebay..........

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Wakko

Back in high school I weighed in at 140 and used to stand on my hood all the time...never damaged it.  Now that I'm about 175 I wouldn't dare! 

Cool history of the car, surprised you didn't restore it sooner, actually.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

greenpigs

I don't think I could climb up to the cowl, not too fat, just lazy.

As far as standing on the cowl it is stronger than it looks but putting all your weight directly on it would be pushing it.

Welcome Texas.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Chargerguy74

When pressure washing I usually climb right up on the roof too, use my shoes to scrape off the bird droppings......jk
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

NHCharger

Welcome to the site Mark.
I just read this thread so I didn't get a chance to insult you. :icon_smile_big:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Steve P.

Welcome Mark. (You redneck BOOB)....    ;)        :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BigBlockSam

howdy  Mark. i think boob and dork are the two i like best.
  there aint no way in hell i'm standing on top of my car like that . one slip of the foot and oops, plus i weigh alot more than 130lbs. it's your car and you can do what you want.
i like the comic release of threads like this.
  i dig your car. very nice  :cheers:  Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Lowprofile

Quote from: NHCharger on July 01, 2006, 11:35:41 AM
I just read this thread so I didn't get a chance to insult you. :icon_smile_big:

Yea, what he said.  :D :nana: :D

Welcome to the site,bro.  O0
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Charger_Croatia

OK, I admit that I feel like cudahob3...Sorry

'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

Jon Smith

LOL back when my charger had a tatty body and they weren't worth as much we used it as a party bus to ferry people to the various parties going on at a large show at night, at one point there were 11 drunken scottish people riding around on the outside
, there wasn't a single dent or scratch on the car that wasn't there before when i checked the next day, just lipstick all over the trunk lid ;D
wouldn't dare do that now though

rt green

welcome to the site mark! ok, heres one for mark and all. you said you'll be replacing the vinyl roof with one that wasn't a cheap piece, and another said the vinyl wasn't that water proof. when replacing it with a good one, what would one use to prep the roof to protect it from  moisture? some kind of sealer? paint? both?a can of spam?  or do you call helpegx and ask what shade of krylon they use.
third string oil changer

jayco91

More Flip Flops Here Than A John Kerry Convention  ;D

Brock Samson

The parade float takes up 80% of the garage so i've been known to climb up to change a light bulb...  :icon_smile_sleepy:
They are nothing if not stout... theat cowl area is tremendously strong you just have to be extreamly careful and keep your weight over the stampings and corners ,.. and not wear shoes...  :yesnod:
great story, love the coronet...   ;)