News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If you steal gas in Tennesse - BEWARE !

Started by Trulyvintage, May 27, 2011, 12:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trulyvintage

Just when I thought I had seen it all

I stopped to fuel at a Citgo in Riceville, TN yesterday
Someone in front off me accidentally drove away without paying

Out of nowhere - literally out of nowhere - comes this
Rooster tearing off after the car

Boy was I laughing my @ss off,

Jim

ChgrSteve67

Thats some funny stuff there, shame its not video.
You mean there are still places that let you pump your gas before you pay?

CA hasn't trusted people for more than 20 years.
Oregon won't let you even pump your own gas unless you have something they are afraid they might damage.

Troy

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on May 27, 2011, 12:38:23 PM

Oregon won't let you even pump your own gas unless you have something they are afraid they might damage.
There are very few "full service" stations in the rest of the country - we all pump our own gas.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Still self serve stations here in NY BUT you have to PAY first before the pump turns on.....no "accidental forgot to pay" will happen then ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Brock Lee

Isn't it illegal to pump your own gas in New Jersey?

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Brock Lee on May 27, 2011, 08:28:39 PM

Yep, been that way for many years.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Old Moparz

Quote from: bakerhillpins on May 27, 2011, 08:50:14 PM
Quote from: Brock Lee on May 27, 2011, 08:28:39 PM

Yep, been that way for many years.

Yes, it's a good law for that state. Look at the cast of the Jersey Shore. Do you think any of them can pump gas into a car without setting the place on fire?   :lol:

Cool rooster pic, I just emailed the link to this thread to my wife. Her sister had bought a farm in VA that came with one chicken that refused to leave when the farmer moved. It would run around the driveway & sometimes sneak into the house. Always made a racket when a car pulled onto the property, a lot like a watch dog.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Tilar

Quote from: Troy on May 27, 2011, 03:49:12 PM
Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on May 27, 2011, 12:38:23 PM

There are very few "full service" stations in the rest of the country - we all pump our own gas.

Troy

There is one small station in Mansfield that the guy will pump your gas for you and clean your windshield if you want, and he is at least 5 cents a gallon cheaper than anyone in the city.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Brock Lee

My first job after high school was a full service gas station attendant on a highway. Some of my best stories came from that job. I remember one day someone stole the oil funnel. A guy pulls in. He had been driving nearly half a day. His truck was low on oil and the engine block was HOT. I told him someone stole the funnel, and I wasn't going to even attempt it. He took it from me, made a snide comment, then tried to quickly dump the oil in..he missed, nailed the block and the engine caught fire! Its burning, I freak and run to the outbuilding we used to process credit cards (when you had to call them in), grab the extinguisher, its dead. Run inside the showroom, grab that one. Dead. Run in the office, dead. Finally I got one from the garage that worked but by this time it was burned up bad. He sued the station because of the bad extinguishers. Not sure if he won, but after that we had multiple extinguishers in every location.

sixty8charger

Have you ever had your Charger denied a fill up?  I had that happen in Portland once (back when I hadn't started the restore).  Pulled up to a 76 and the attendant said I had to do it, since the gas cap was on top.. something about not wanting to be held accounting for dripping fuel on the car because of the position?  (old paint too.. very bad paint..).
Jayson

1969chargerrtse

There are states where you can't pump your own gas? 
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.