News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

correct black for tailpanel

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, May 27, 2011, 08:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

whats the correct color black for the tail panel? i assue its satin black but im not really sure. my tail panel has a couple rust bubbles in it and im gonna take care of it before i put the car back together. i figure ill just repaint the whole tail panel while im at it.

twodko

Good plan. Originally they used stuff called Organizol. Members will corect me on this. Satin would be about right. I left my panel body color but kinda wished I painted it black now.  :shruggy:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Chatt69chgr

I believe it was Organasol.  Bunch of threads on here about how it was formulated, how to apply, etc.  It was not a semigloss type black but I believe a more or less flat that was kind of rough to the touch. 

jaak

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on May 27, 2011, 02:54:29 PM
I believe it was Organasol.  Bunch of threads on here about how it was formulated, how to apply, etc.  It was not a semigloss type black but I believe a more or less flat that was kind of rough to the touch.  
I used my dash/steering column paint which is grainy.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: jaak on May 27, 2011, 09:11:07 PM
PPG code 9355

Jason

DDL 9355 Which is Laquer. Laquer getting harder to find. I've used it in a converted enamel formula & not the same. LEON.

jaak

Quote from: hemi-hampton on May 29, 2011, 10:46:55 PM
Quote from: jaak on May 27, 2011, 09:11:07 PM
PPG code 9355

Jason

DDL 9355 Which is Laquer. Laquer getting harder to find. I've used it in a converted enamel formula & not the same. LEON.

Yes, forgot to mention Lacquer paint..... I guess if it was mixed in enamel or urethane, the hardeners would make it too glossy?

Jason

hemi-hampton

A flattening agent has to be used with the enamel paint version.  LEON.

BIGBLCK11

Anyone ever use SEM Trim black for the tail panel?