News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dealer invoice

Started by GN, June 10, 2011, 04:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GN

Is there a web site that has dealer invoice price for new cars? Thier cost and retail cost on a printout. I believe consumer reports sells them. Are their any other places?

chargerjy9

Dealer Invoice is not the price they pay for the cars from the manufacturer. Factory Wholesale is their price. it is usually $1k to $2k less, so when they tell you that you are getting the car for dealer invoice or less, they are still making profit.
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

green69rt

Several years ago I knew a dealer and we were talking about his business and he related that actually the car costs the dealer even less than the wholesale cost.  During the year the manufacturer also gives the dealer so call "rebates or incentives" on the car which can amount to several thousand more per car.  So for you to pay $200 over wholesale is a reasonable price, $100 below is kind of chancy for the dealer because sometimes they don't know what the manufacturer rebate will be.  Don't know if this still applies but sounds reasonable. :shruggy:

GN

Is thier a way to find the wholesale price?