News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Repo 69 grill trim

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, June 22, 2011, 11:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

Just wondering how many of you had bought and used the complete 69 charger grill trim,obviously made by Gunslinger no matter who sells it?Looking for input as far as how well it fits,and how the anodizing is?I had an NOS "I" piece and remember it having stamping stretch marks over the sides of it,are the repos like this?Carlisle is right around the corner,and would like to know  as I might pick up a set.Thanks alot guys.

Charger_Dart

I picked up a set from Gunslinger at the mopar nats a couple years ago and have been very happy with the quality. The pieces fit perfect and still looks good today. Not sure this helps with your 69, but hope so. 
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

Patronus

I picked up a set from Jeff @ www.521restorations.com
So AMD I believe. Just a small amount of fit work on the center piece, and align and fit the ends. Overall it looks great, but its a bit hazy. And it's next to the chrome of the bumper so not quite like original stainless in clarity.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Just 6T9 CHGR

I picked up a set early this year off 521 resto on eBay....got a really great price (I think $330 for the set shipped)

These are NOT the Gunslinger ones....each part had made in China decals on them

I originally had the Gunslinger straight pieces on the grill when they first came out a few years ago.   The metal was much heavier & the fit was better even on the easy-peasy straight pieces.

Overall Im pretty happy but you get what you pay for.....  :Twocents:

Paul, you can check out my car in Carlisle before you make a purchase
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69 OUR/TEA

Thought Gunslinger stuff was made in china as well.Was under the impression that it was his peoples tooling on all the 69 charger grill trim.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Fairly sure the Gunslinger stuff is made in the USA....I could definitely see a difference in the quality from the 2 sets I had....unless they've been outsourced since they were first making them a few years ago (the straight pieces at least)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bill440rt

I bought mine on eBay as well, probably from a different seller than Chris bought his. Mine did not have China stickers on them, but on each of the end tabs on the "I" piece there was a "GL" stamped on the back of them. Probably stood for Gunslinger.

I am happy with them, the anodizing is good, etc. I thought the end "C" pieces didn't fit so hot around the curve of the grille, but once everything was all assembled it was OK. Not great, but just OK. Kinda matches the rest of the horrible tolerances these cars have.

Paul, you can check them out in person yourself as well, it'll be in the "T" building this year at Carlisle.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69 OUR/TEA

Thanks Chris,Bill.Bill thats exactly what that is,GL,I am in the swap meet spaces right next to Jason,and when we've talked before,he told me he puts that on his parts so people know if its his stuff or not.

Troy

Gunslinger started marking stuff when people were trying to sell his check mark trim as "NOS".

I do believe there are more companies producing the trim. Jason's parts are produced in China but often finished here (all chrome and polish is done locally as far as I know). He's usually very picky about what he will accept in terms of quality. I don't know about the rest.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.