News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fueltank vent or not?

Started by Belgium R/T -68, June 23, 2011, 02:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

I have no ventilation installed on my fueltank, plugged the 2 outgoing pipes. Can that create a problem except that vacuum that builds up?

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

b5blue

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Belgium R/T -68

Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

4cruzin

Shouldn't cause a problem except as you stated with the vaccuum issue.  As long as something lets some air in and the vaccuum doesn't build, you are fine. 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

terrible one

I plugged the extra outlet on my sending unit. No return or vent line. Remember there is a vent on the filler tube, it has worked fine for me this way. :2thumbs:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on June 24, 2011, 10:03:33 AM
Quote from: b5blue on June 23, 2011, 03:43:49 PM
Vent it!  :cheers:

OK friend, is there a special reason?  :cheers:

Per

Collapsed gas tank. You need those tank vents or a fairly big-azz hole in your fuel cap.

b5blue

I think the vent is needed Per.....we all need to vent now and then!  :lol:

PA Dodger

The rubber hose on the end of the tank vent on my Challenger got kinked once. It took a while to figure out why my car ran like it was running out of gas after i drove it a few miles. I guess the mechanical fuel pump can't overcome the vacuum that will build up in the tank. So, yeah, you need some kinda vent.

Dan
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda