News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My show setup

Started by BananaDan, May 22, 2011, 03:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChgrSteve67

Awesome Charger and congrats on your award.
I think your next job is to build a cabnet for all of the awards you will be recieving.

Kern Dog

Beautiful car. I like that your display LACKED the commonly seen "crying baby" stuffed doll leaning on the car. I have no idea why anyone thinks this helps the appearance of their car.
I see that you skipped the blackout paint on the core support. I did too. I liked the look of my aluminum radiator through the grille, but sometimes I think I should go back and black it all out.
The level of detail in your car is impressive. The car looks great and it presents well.

six-tee-nine

Definatly a high quality restoration. I'd be a very happy guy if I would have my car finished at that high level.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

BananaDan

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on May 22, 2011, 11:36:30 PM
Beautiful car. I like that your display LACKED the commonly seen "crying baby" stuffed doll leaning on the car. I have no idea why anyone thinks this helps the appearance of their car.
I see that you skipped the blackout paint on the core support. I did too. I liked the look of my aluminum radiator through the grille, but sometimes I think I should go back and black it all out.
The level of detail in your car is impressive. The car looks great and it presents well.

I didn't skip it, my body shop and I didn't know it was supposed to be done while he was doing her.  I found out after I picked her up, so I just have to get around to doing it.  I hope to have it done before Carlisle.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

chargermike

love it. wow what a beautiful 70. glad to see another 70 out and rolling.

Piston_Freddy

Nice job! :yesnod:

Is the bumblebee stripe paint or decal? Looks different then this: http://www.performancecargraphics.com/Stripes_Lettering/Charger/70_Bumblebee.htm

Max rim size:15"

BananaDan

I had the stripes painted on.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Charger_Dart

What a great looking 70. Very nicely done.  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

mikepmcs

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 22, 2011, 07:01:38 PM
Squeeky clean :cheers:

Although I would have deducted points because your steering wheel wasn't straight.....

:nana:

;)

This is funny but you know you're gonna straighten that wheel in the next show..and....
now that I have obnoxiously reposted this you're really gonna think about it.  :icon_smile_big:
Your car is mint!
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BananaDan

You're playing with my neurotic tendencies guys...  :coocoo:

Of course, it's worth noting that they did the judging at the registration area on your way into the show. This picture was taken after I had her setup and parked.  But you're right, my OCD will now ensure the wheel is straight from now on.

70charginglizard

Quote from: BananaDan on May 23, 2011, 12:38:21 PM
You're playing with my neurotic tendencies guys...  :coocoo:

Of course, it's worth noting that they did the judging at the registration area on your way into the show. This picture was taken after I had her setup and parked.  But you're right, my OCD will now ensure the wheel is straight from now on.

Ignore them Dan. There just being butheads....  :nana: lol

your car rocks! another scatty pal....:cheers:
70charginglizard

resq302

Quote from: BananaDan on May 23, 2011, 12:38:21 PM
You're playing with my neurotic tendencies guys...  :coocoo:

Of course, it's worth noting that they did the judging at the registration area on your way into the show. This picture was taken after I had her setup and parked.  But you're right, my OCD will now ensure the wheel is straight from now on.

Dan, when you get to the show and start getting all the tire stems to align and be in the same clocked position, then i'd start to worry.  For strict shows, I even go as far as removing small stones from in between the tire treads. :pity:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BananaDan

Haha, I'm not that neurotic...

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: BananaDan on May 23, 2011, 02:53:36 PM

Oh yeah?  Show me a shot of your front & rear licence plates.....

PS---you driving or trailering to Carlisle??
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bill440rt

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 23, 2011, 03:41:19 PM
Quote from: BananaDan on May 23, 2011, 02:53:36 PM

Oh yeah?  Show me a shot of your front & rear licence plates.....

PS---you driving or trailering to Carlisle??

Oof.  :scope:
I see a crooked front plate. And crooked screws!!  :puke: :puke:
Oh, the horror.  :scared:   Must fix that, Dan.
(Yes, I'M neurotic. Can you tell?)  :image_294343:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Just 6T9 CHGR

You gave it away Bill!!   I saw the front screws but I wanted to see if he was in the same anal-camp as you (& me just a bit) with the rear plate....that would have been his savior!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

Chris, its when he starts bringing mirrors to shows and putting them under car to show off the how clean and detailed the under carriage is......... oh wait.....crap, I'm in that category.    :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

nvrbdn

what a fantastic car you have dan. congrats. all the time working on her paid off  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Dodge Don

A trophy right out of the gate...well done!

BananaDan

:yesnod:

Ok, ok, yes, I am about as neurotic as Chris and Bill.  I just have a longer to-do list at this point.  Bill should know considering the 75 or so times I call him before I do anything to my car that I'm mildly unsure about.   :shruggy:  And I am aware of the license plates, they're just a bit down on my list of things to do but I'll get there.  They didn't seem to matter though when I kept those Chevelles out of first place yesterday!  :boogie:

And she's being driven to Carlisle, burning gas like nobody's business with Bill's trailer in the rear view mirror.  :drive:

Dan

Chris G.

Quote from: BananaDan on May 23, 2011, 06:14:29 PM
And she's being driven to Carlisle, burning gas like nobody's business with Bill's trailer in the rear view mirror.  :drive:

Dan

:2thumbs: Atta Boy. And if you roll with Chris (SI), you will leave Bill and his "trailer entourage" in the dust.  :nana:

ps- I have a front plate for you when you get here. I would send it, but I'm lazy.  ;)

BananaDan

I've been working on him to drive her but I don't think its happening.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I didnt necessarily want to see the plates...just the orientation of the screws ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BananaDan

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 23, 2011, 03:49:42 PM
You gave it away Bill!!   I saw the front screws but I wanted to see if he was in the same anal-camp as you (& me just a bit) with the rear plate....that would have been his savior!

Note to self...  don't let Chris see my trunk.

Chris G.

Quote from: BananaDan on May 23, 2011, 06:53:43 PM
Note to self...  don't let Chris see my trunk.

Don't worry, they all have flaws themselves. I will point them out if need be.  ;)

I am the only perfect one of the bunch...and I'm not talking about cars.  :P  :cheers: