News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Six pack activation question

Started by Ghoste, February 12, 2011, 11:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

This is kind of an odd question but I figure if anyone knows it will be one of the regulars in this forum
What is it about the Mopar Six Pack setup that allows the vacuum secondary to be the way to go in 99% of the cases?  What is it about the GM vacuum setup on their TriPower units that makes it so undesirable?  It seems to me that most GM guys instantly trash the vacuum piece for a progressive mechanical to get decent performance and for the Chryslers it is only in certain circumstances that any benefit is seen over the vacuum.

Chryco Psycho

the vacuum secondary is more forgiving , the mechanical system will perform better if you can get it tuned so it will not bog as the throttle is stabbed wide open but it takes time & knowledge to get ti adjusted

Slice

Not sure if this accurate, but I think the idle circut in the mopar secondaries may have something to do with it.

John_Kunkel

Without accelerator pumps in the outboard carbs it's very likely that there will be a big bog when going to WOT with mechanical linkage.

I think the big reason for mechanical linkage is to hear the pronounced "boo-wah" that's mostly missing with vacuum secondaries.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.