News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

74 Charger 305/50 Tires.

Started by SG1022, May 16, 2011, 02:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SG1022

I just found a good deal on some BFGs,

2x- 305/50R15s
2x- 265R/50R15s

I had read the , "3rd gen maximum tire size" thread, and seen that he was running 295s, but was wondering if there was any way that I could fit these tires under my car.

In that thread Paul G ended up using new lugs, and wheels spacers to get more clearance from the spring. Is there anyway to use offset, even bigger lugs, or thicker spacers to fit this 305 tire under the car?

I would prefer to use 15x10s , and maybe 15x8s on the front.  If I can make these tires work I can save nearly 75% over getting brand new 295's! :2thumbs:

Thanks,

--Taylor

FLG

Problem is, if you go to far in the other direction youll clear the springs but now the tires will stick out from the quarters...looks very tacky IMO and im sure you probably want them sitting right inside the wheel well.

SG1022

Quote from: FLG on May 16, 2011, 03:01:23 PM
Problem is, if you go to far in the other direction youll clear the springs but now the tires will stick out from the quarters...looks very tacky IMO and im sure you probably want them sitting right inside the wheel well.

I wouldn't mind them sticking slightly outside, as long as it's not too far.