News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cat lovers I feel your pain and it sucks big time.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, May 16, 2011, 05:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Butterscotch died on May 14th. He was the most loving cat ever.  We had him since he was a kitten 17 years ago. All he wanted 24/7 was to be near me or with the family.  Most times I pushed him away, but I knew one day I would feel the pain for that.  Today is that day.  I keep thinking I see him walking towards me?  But he's not here anymore, he's out back in the yard.  This really made me understand most of you cat, dog, animal lovers.  I feel your pain when a loved one passes.  Please share your story.
I miss you little guy.  Big time.  :'( :'( :'(
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Always had to be near someone no matter what size.
My wife with him days before he passed.  Loving to the end.  She's broken hearted.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

ChgrSteve67

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Its hard to loose a membr of the family even if they are not your blood.

I am the main care taker for the cats in the house, I get up every morning and feed them, give them thier medicine, clean up after them, take them to the vet for their shots and checkups. It will be a really sad day when one or both of them are not around anymore.

Remember the love.
-Steve

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on May 16, 2011, 05:13:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Its hard to loose a membr of the family even if they are not your blood.

I am the main care taker for the cats in the house, I get up every morning and feed them, give them thier medicine, clean up after them, take them to the vet for their shots and checkups. It will be a really sad day when one or both of them are not around anymore.

Remember the love.
-Steve

Thanks, to be fair I wasn't a big meanie all the time.  I did all the feeding and poop cleaning also.  He was just so in love with me all the time.  There were times I just needed the space, ya know?

charge69

Man, that is a hard thing to go thru as we have with our pets also. Being "cat-people" and spending the time it takes to care for and love a pet is so rewarding and losing one IS like losing one of the family.

He was a beautiful cat and i am sure he will always be remembered fondly in your family as one of them. Sorry for your loss.

tan top

awwwww nooooo sorry to hear this Rob  aww poor butterscotch  awww  so sad when you lose them ,  17 thats a good  age , sounds  like he had a good life with you all !!     :'( :'( :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

lost mitts (cat) she was born in my parents house  & she was almost 17  

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bull

Sorry to hear it. It's good that you got to enjoy such a great pet for as long as you did though. 17 years is a long time for these little buddies. I know how you feel though. It really sucks. :'(

skip68

Your cat had a good run. It's funny how these pets are more than pets to us. They're part of the family.  Sorry for the loss.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

RallyeMike

Sorry to hear that. 17 years is a pretty good run.

I thought I would be a tough guy when my first cat "8-ball" was put down in my arms. Instead I cried like a baby and was completely depressed for a month. You can develop a pretty strong bond with your pets.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

jaak

Sorry to hear about your loss.....it sucks big time. I had a dog I bottle raised from a puppy (mother dog abandoned it) We had her for a few years and one day she got ran over (never was the kind to play in the road, or chase cars) but the first time she wandered out there she got killed. We was really attached to her, still miss her 6 yrs. later, and haven't had another dog since.

Jason

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

69bronzeT5

I love cats.....my split family has 5 cats between us. I had one cat named Jackie, she was a complete sweetheart. I raised her from birth (she came from one of our other cats who is also gone now- got hit by a car over a year ago :'(). She followed me everywhere, slept with me every night and loved to lick people. She also LOVED hanging out while I was working on my cars. If I went for parts she would sit beside the car until I came back. The first 3 years of her life she grew up on the 2 acre property we lived on and enjoyed the quietness. When I moved to the city with my dad she didn't enjoy it as much that's for sure. Living on a city lot and living with my young step siblings, she didn't like it and disappeared one day. About 2 weeks later I saw her sitting on a neighbour's front porch. Apparently she decided to move in with them :lol: She came back to my house and stayed around for 4 months before disappearing again. She never went to the neighbour's house. She was gone for about month from the beginning of May until the beginning of June when she showed up on the back porch pretty skinny. She stayed around until July 11th when she disappeared for good. I haven't seen her since and it really hurts. I loved her with all my heart. It's been almost a year since she took off and to this day I still wonder where she went. I really think she's somewhere in the old neighbourhood (I've moved since she took off) living with somebody else. What really bugs me is when she took off for a month is when I went on vacation for a week and she happened to be sitting in the driveway when I left. When she took off on July 11th, I was going camping for the weekend and also said good bye to her as I was leaving the driveway too. It really makes me wonder if seeing me leave was the cause.

I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty Rob. Cats are such awesome creatures and really can hold special places in our hearts. :angel:

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

1969chargerrtse

Dang Cody you have things down to the date. What surprises me is I thought guys didn't care for cats, a tuff guy thing?  Boy was I wrong.  I was just telling my kid the other day how we as adults never stop growing and learning no matter how old we are.  I learned a lot from these stories.  Thanks for sharing.  I can't believe I'd like to have another cat?  Who would of thought?
Do you think are pets meet us on the other side?  Always wondered that?  And if they do, what about all animals?   :shruggy:

TruckDriver

I like all animals, but I have always liked cats a lot more then dogs. Of course, I been attacked by a few dogs, and never attacked by a cat. I have 4 cats now. And two of them are 13 years old. And one of the 13yo is not doing well. The vet isn't sure what is going on other then he has a hard time breathing, well more so then normal. And he has had it a long time. He also lost most of his teeth, so we have to feed him the moist cat food. It's hard watching him slowly slip away. But even the vet agrees he is still to healthy to put down, which that day is coming I think.  :-\

But I do know the pain of your loss.  :'(
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mpdlawdog

sorry to hear that.....losing a friend is difficult thing to overcome....I had to put my partner of 9 1/2 years, Indi,down a few months ago....I had him in my life longer than anything (girlfriends...wifes...cars...)...he always had my back....just have to enjoy the time with them! sorry about your loss!

"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

twodko

It is so hard to read posts like this. Please know we're thinking of you and your family. Your sweet cat lived a life many of never see. Butterscotch lived a life of love, pampering, guidance and attention to all its needs........sounds like a family member to me. The pain will subside but its slow. The smothering cloak of sorrow over any family lost is always suffocating and seemly unbearable. I believe its part of the human attachment we have with all of the animal kingdom. You all will see him again as if nothing had ever happened. I believe that too.
We lost our beloved Jessica after 24 years of unconditional love and cat antics. What a show and endless laughter. I will love her beyond my death. She was blind and deaf the last couple years of her life. I didn't see it, didn't notice, thought she was fine because there were no indications of illness just moving slower like we all do as we age. She struggled into our bedroom one afternoon. We were in the habit of watching for this so we could help her up onto the bed for her naps. That day her nap was forever, she got past the bedroom door, curled up on the carpet and passed on. I cupped her in my arms were she lay, balled my eyes out and held for the longest time. I couldn't bear Jessica absence so we had her cremated. She is still here (in myheart anyway) in a beautiful redwood box adorned with her picture a collar tag. Couple years later we adopted brothers from an animal rescue outfit. We love them so much. It'll get better but it won't happen anytime soon. I can't see to type anymore.  :bawling:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

71ChallengeHer

Sorry for your loss. Butterscotch was a beautiful cat.   :engel016: :engel016:I have 5 cats. I don't know what I'll do when something happens to them.  I hope this helps a little  http://www.petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm

ODZKing

I'm so sorry.  We are cat folks and yes, they are family.  Our 14 year old (Spazzy) has had thyroid issues and some bladder issues and I know one day it will be his time.  He is a Maine Coon, and always greets us at the door, always at our side.
I do not look forward to the day.
God speed my friend.

70charginglizard

So Sorry to hear about your loss. I too bought a cat a few years back as a kitty. For my daughter. He's a butt head to everyone but her and me. I've really gotten quite close to him now. It's going to be a very sad day when we loose out cat as well. I keep hoping hell just keep throwing out one of those many 9 life cards I'm sure he has on him.

Ours even has his own facebook page....lol

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100002103274588

Again...sorry about your loss.
70charginglizard

472 R/T SE

We had to put down my wife's cat Hemi.   He had urinary problems, couldn't pee.  The first time the vet put him under to cathe him he almost didn't come back.  $1900 bill & it happened again.  My wife woke me up crying saying he was having problems again & she knew what would have to happen.

We learned from it.  Never let your 9 year old daughter watch the vet put the family cat to sleep.  They were both balling when they got home for a couple hours.

I got on the 'net that day looking for another one.

Sorry 'bout your fluff ball Rob, 17 yo, that was a full life.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sorry to hear it Rob....we've had our cat Minnie for almost 20 years now and I feel her time is coming soon as well.  Shes been deaf for the past 4-5 years and is now starting to have trouble walking up stairs etc.  Gonna be tough for the whole family when she's gone.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

kokxville

Sorry for your loss.Good luck with everything.I know the feeling.
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

69charger440

Sorry for you lost!! I too extremely love cats, my wife called me about four weeks ago and said my cat (Mopar) hasnt been home for two weeks. So I have been in the dumps lately, but our Mopar cat returned today after almost 2 months. So excited!! Butterscotch was a gorgeous cat, glad to see you have some photos to keep his memories strong. He looked very loved, just remember that!! You gave him a great life and I am sure he was grateful!!
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

69rtse4spd

1969chargerrtse

Thanks friends.  I'm O.K.  I just learned a lesson in my late life that pets are so important to their owners.  Didn't really feel it until Butterscotch passed.  Love all the stories.  Where's tuffcat?  He must have some input?