News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to identify a shell with no tags

Started by spoolinhard, May 16, 2011, 07:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spoolinhard

I am thinking heavily about buying a pretty darn solid 70 with no tags. It was parted for all its was worth and there is nothing left to identify the thing. The vin is stamped on the rad support and trunk still, but that is all there is. It is stripped clean, no suspension, nothing. I wouldnt be considering this if it wasnt so darn clean and reasonably priced. I am thinking that I very well could be purchasing a car that I will have to put a title under, just wandering if there was any way to identify it with the serial number.

thanks
-Kaleb

Alaskan_TA

You can apply for a state isssued VIN tag.

What typically happens, at least in some states;

You fill out the form at your local DMV / BMV.

They have a division employee or occasionally a state cop or sheriff inspect the car.

Any body numbers found will be noted during this inspection.

The inspector can then contact the FBI or NICB to have them determine the full VIN from their records.

As long as a the body was not stolen, a new tag with the full original VIN number can then be issued to you. They usually do have a state prefix of some kind also.

spoolinhard

that is exactly what I was looking to hear.
THANKS!!!
-Kaleb