News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen - bucket seat tracks

Started by EccentricMagpies, May 15, 2011, 05:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EccentricMagpies

Does the inside track vary from year to year?  Maybe it's because I'm trying to measure one while it's installed but the inside track seems to be 1 1/2 inches on one set of seats while the other seems to be 1 3/4 inches.

I swapped out the seats last year at some time... and when I pulled them, it seemed that the seats had some hex nuts on the outside track to balance the seats????... at least that is what I wondered.  I put the other seats in and they were balanced so I never thought much of it.

But now, I have new seat covers for the ones I pulled and I want to put them back in once they are complete.  Do I have the wrong tracks?

[img=http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9208/measuredtrack.th.jpg]

I have a '74
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

FLG

I know one side is larger than the other, but im not sure if that width changes from driver to passenger...i recently sold my seats otherwise id go out and measure. They do look like the correct seat tracks, dont see why someone would have changed them.

EccentricMagpies

Quote from: FLG on May 16, 2011, 02:06:47 AM
I know one side is larger than the other, but im not sure if that width changes from driver to passenger...i recently sold my seats otherwise id go out and measure. They do look like the correct seat tracks, dont see why someone would have changed them.

Thanks FLG, but it's not a question of driver versus passenger tracks.  I have two sets of seats because I have 2 cars.

I think he (the guy I bought the first car from) may have changed the seats because he had a parts car. 
I.e take all of the 'good' parts from this car and put it in his parts car.  I can certainly feed this argument.
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

EccentricMagpies

okay, I learned that I cannot measure a seat track when they are mounted. ::)

I pulled the seat and it was less serious than I thought.  

I was missing the spacer? piece which slips down the stud on both seats...  along with the clip which holds them in place
wished I paid closer attention to why the hex nuts were on these other seats, unless it was a simple way to avoid ordering parts.

Anyone know what this spacer piece called?
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

EccentricMagpies

'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd