News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

i took some pics to help people remove lower control arm bushings

Started by randr, June 05, 2011, 11:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randr

thought i would show how i remove them. weld washer on old bushing after you remove center worn part! then pound or press out. easy! again just how i do it. ;D
I'm Bored! what to do next......

bull

Good method as long as you don't goof up the LCA itself.

Firm Feel has a cool way to remove the outer bushing sleeve too. They set the LCA face up in a bench vice (so that the torsion bar socket end is facing down and the bushing is facing up) and then they take a large tap and cut threads into the outer sleeve about an inch down. Then they install the correct bolt into the threaded bushing sleeve as far as it will go, flip the LCA over and use a pin to press the bolt and outer bushing sleeve out together. Unfortunately I could not read the size of the tap they used but I can tell you it was fine threaded. Probably a 1 5/16" would be my guess.

randr

I'm Bored! what to do next......

bull

Quote from: randr on June 07, 2011, 08:49:46 PM
that would work also. thats a huge tap! and huge bolt!

Yea, and it's not real cost effective to buy a $40 tap but let me tell you, either of these options is better than the misery of trying to get these stupid things out the hard way.