News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'71 stripes on my '72

Started by AKcharger, December 30, 2010, 05:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

I bought a set of '71 R/T/Superbee stripes for Christmas and thought I'd put 'em on when it warms up a bit. Yup, they ain't original but the sides seem kind of...I don't know...naked. If I don't like 'em I'll take 'em off.

That it, just wanted to share

1972Rallye

Please post pics when the time comes.  It can be a good look on the '72s...  By the way, both of these cars were owned by the same person. He likes the look a lot!

471_Magnum

Quote from: 1972Rallye on January 04, 2011, 09:40:11 AM
By the way, both of these cars were owned by the same person. He likes the look a lot!

No... my buddy now owns the blue one.  :nana:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,74224.0/all.html
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

AKcharger

Thanks for posting Rallye!

Perfect shots of the car and Stripes (both rallyes too how cool) I am now offically excited to get those installed!

mikesbbody

Please post pics when the time comes.  It can be a good look on the '72s...  By the way, both of these cars were owned by the same person. He likes the look a lot!

Would that person be Jimmy Boros?

1972Rallye

Quote from: mikesbbody on January 05, 2011, 02:32:01 AM

Would that person be Jimmy Boros?

:yesnod:

AKcharger

Well finally got 'em on. I think they came out well. Best part is they were only $66 from ebay, I can pull 'em off anythime I want

Rolling_Thunder

always loved those stripes....       i say leave them on -  car looked good before - looks just as good now     :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

FLG

Looks great!

BTW, do they make those stripes for a 73-4?

:2thumbs:

doctor4766

Yeah I'd leave 'em on too.
Looks sh1t-hot
Gotta love a '69

Nacho-RT74

Frank, I have seen those same stripes on 73/74s many times... they look some odd IMHO, due the diff upper body line. Will fit thought

I have allways though the 72 rallyes were "orphan" on something, and it was somekind of sporty stripe to acomplish the gills. Dunno if the 71 is THE BEST idea, due the 71 R/T useage, but is the only "factory design" option we have. I wish on factory they were worked a little bit more on some specific 72 rallye stripe!

it looks great Bill!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

AKcharger

mikesbbody

Another vote for keeping the stripe on  :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

I did the same thing to both of my 72 Rallyes, a few years ago...!!...Mine cost 3 times more though. I then had to pay a guy to put them on.= more money.