News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

server move?

Started by CFMopar, January 08, 2006, 07:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFMopar

Anyone know this was happening?

Does work nice though...
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

Mefirst

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Troy

What I did was pick up the entire site and put it on a brand spanking new server that I have total control over. I added a few "extras" along the way - which should be visible over the next several days or so. In case anyone noticed, the old one was acting flaky and would randomly disappear for short periods of time. Sometimes this was a glitch in routing but, more often than not, it was due to a boo boo on the part of the hosting company. The database was acting weird as well but since I had to rely on the hosting company's expertise it never really got fixed. I guess now if it all blows up I have no one to blame... :D

Troy

Mefirst

Quote from: Troy on January 08, 2006, 08:06:24 PM
...hosting company's expertise it never really got fixed. I guess now if it all blows up I have no one to blame... :D

Troy

Yes, you do.. Its Piggys fault :stirthepot:

Brock Samson

I gotta lotta issues, how much time do ya have?..  :icon_smile_big:

Mefirst

Quote from: Stratocharger on January 08, 2006, 08:14:13 PM
I gotta lotta issues, how much time do ya have?.. :icon_smile_big:

-We know Strat... :pity:

ChargerBill

We moved?...when did that happen?  ???
Life is a highway...

bull

What I did was pick up the entire site and put it on a brand spanking new server that I have total control over. I added a few "extras" along the way - which should be visible over the next several days or so. In case anyone noticed, the old one was acting flaky and would randomly disappear for short periods of time. Sometimes this was a glitch in routing but, more often than not, it was due to a boo boo on the part of the hosting company. The database was acting weird as well but since I had to rely on the hosting company's expertise it never really got fixed. I guess now if it all blows up I have no one to blame... :D

Troy

I don't know what all that means but it sounds good.

Silver R/T

pages load bit faster even on 56K
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BigBlockSam

we moved  :shruggy: i hope it's a better neighborhood  :icon_smile_big:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

bull

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 08, 2006, 11:15:43 PM
we moved  :shruggy: i hope it's a better neighborhood  :icon_smile_big:

It was a virtual move.

73dodge

Troy

And just what kinda server did you move to? Are you still using the same hosting company for this site or did you end up putting the server in house so it's located close by?

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

Troy

Quote from: 73dodge on January 09, 2006, 09:15:28 AM

Troy

And just what kinda server did you move to? Are you still using the same hosting company for this site or did you end up putting the server in house so it's located close by?

It's a dedicated server instead of a shared hosting environment. The bandwidth and storage limits are much higher than what we had previously (which I knew was a temporary solution when I got it). It is with a different hosting company and it's not in house OR close by since I live in Ohio. It's in a big data center with multiple backbone providers so hopefully network reliability isn't something I'll need to worry about.

Troy

Steve P.

Ahhh, yahhh,, but are they MOPAR people?? ;D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Silver R/T on January 08, 2006, 10:57:46 PM
pages load bit faster even on 56K
I think so too. :yesnod: I see a different smiley arrangement up top too. :icon_smile_cool:

Nice work Troy. :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)