News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Charger owners wonderin' over here

Started by terrible one, May 12, 2011, 09:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

I don't really have a problem with it, but I can't help but wonder why so many people with new Chargers find this site and post without noticing that it is dedicated to classic (real  :P) Chargers. Lately it seems like twice a week this happens. Just glancing at the Index it's obvious that this site is not dedicated to the LX Chargers. Plus, when you come across the site link on Google, it says "A community for fans of the classic Dodge Charger." How is it that so many people don't notice?  :shruggy:

TK73

American short attention span and poor education... don't read cuz caint!!
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

jaak

I think a lot of them are just trolls trying to stir the pot.

Jason

bull

Are they wondering or wandering? Or both? :shruggy:

bull

Drache

Quote from: terrible one on May 12, 2011, 09:05:37 PM
the site link on Google, it says "A community for fans of the classic Dodge Charger." How is it that so many people don't notice?  :shruggy:

Some people believe that the new Chargers are the only Chargers made and think of it like a classic.  :rotz:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: Drache on May 13, 2011, 03:44:50 AM
the site link on Google, it says "A community for fans of the classic Dodge Charger." How is it that so many people don't notice?  :shruggy:

Some people believe that the new Chargers are the only Chargers made and think of it like a classic.  :rotz:

I noticed on the LX forums that they consider the 2006-2010 as 1st gen Chargers..................LOL

BBD

Drache

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on May 13, 2011, 07:26:19 AM

I noticed on the LX forums that they consider the 2006-2010 as 1st gen Chargers..................LOL

BBD

I rest my case....  :rotz:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bobs66440

BBD
Maybe the first Gen-X Charger   :lol:

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: Maybe some folks should go over there and start asking questions about external balancing, fendertags and photoshops,.. any nominations?...
                                                                       :popcrn:

Drache

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 13, 2011, 09:48:36 AM
 :scratchchin: Maybe some folks should go over there and start asking questions about external balancing, fendertags and photoshops,.. any nominations?...
                                                                       :popcrn:

Ask them how to properly tune your six pack setup
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

hemi68charger

Quote from: jaak on May 12, 2011, 11:06:29 PM

Jason

Lord knows we were the ones stirring the pot when the new Charger came out years ago.. 4 doors !!!!   :smilielol:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

41husk

I think some truly don't realize the difference.  I have had people talk to me about the 2010 Daytona after seeing my clone :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

stripedelete

Quote from: Drache on May 13, 2011, 07:47:56 AM

BBD

I rest my case....  :rotz:

Yep!  We gettin' ole'

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TexasStroker

I think most are well intentioned, just not really that big into cars.  There are several members here with a 66-74 who went out and got a new Charger.  They are great cars, but obviously a short coming to us die-hards.  The Challenger guys didn't get slapped in the face with the second coming, the more you care for the older Chargers the more of a disappointment the new models are.

I can't tell you how many LX guys pick up a "68" Charger grille from danko...that "68" being the 69 center section look alike  :rotz:

Again, well intentioned, but kind of out of their realm in terms of the 66-74 legacy.

I will say this though, DodgeCharger.com is an excellent site  :coolgleamA: 

If you are like myself and have been on the "late model" sites...they flat out suck...they are a complete joke.  I have never come across a more cocky group of people (the moderators and administrators) hell bent on making money off of green, eager enthusiasts (usually for a "profile badge" or to removed ads  :icon_smile_blackeye:

I kid you not, I can not browse the new Challenger sites due to the stalled load times from slow ads...and I refuse to pay to remove them...without the end user a forum does not exist, it is a lifeless board and there is no ad revenue.  I have made a few posts on the "new" sites and have been personally PMd by several moderators, and then one of the prestigious administrators. 

What were my transgressions?  Inviting people to a car show...that is FREE.  I really don't get it.  You can go on Moparts, FABO, FBBO, DodgeCharger.com, my sites etc and event listings are one of the biggest draws.  You want people to know about them, and people want to know about them to plan their show schedules. 

The bottom line I get from the majority of the late model sites is MONEY.  These guys are honestly not making the boards because they love the cars, or want to have a hub to share info/tech/parts with one another...they want MONEY.  You either have to browse thru ads, pay to remove ads, or pay to post the most simple things.  On top of that, they stake claim to YOUR Pictures...what I mean by that is not just the typical, "Cool shot, new desktop."  Say a guy does a step-by-step turbo install on a 5.7 with some innovative work...they claim the post as "their property" and can farm it out to magazines for royalties etc.  It is truly a shame.  Most of the guys that are just getting into the cars honestly don't know better, they think the "Gold Member" icon by their username and list of mods only from site vendors makes them "cool" and "better."  It is truly a shame.

That disillusionment is what led me to start Lone Star Mopars, a FREE site for all Mopar folks.  AAM is run the same way.  I want the guys out of Kansas to post about their cruise, and Troy to post about stuff in Houston.  It is what makes a site.

I can't speak for LX Forums (never registered, and it does seem to be more user friendly), but the other late model sites are simply evil.  They put their monetary gain over the end user's experience in every facet.  I simply refuse to post there.  You'll also note upon investigation, they don't just run a late model Mopar site, they have a late model mustang, camaro, 370z, etc...it is nothing more than a large conglomeration set-up to take advantage and profit from the enthusiasts looking for a place to "hang out."

Essentially take everything good about DodgeCharger.com and reverse it...that is how bad those sites are...so maybe the new guys are just looking for a better place to post?!

I can't stress it enough, if you don't get outside of DC.com, your local club, and Moparts etc you have no idea how bad the "new" forums are.  Where these sites are built around people that are truly passionate about the cars, the new sites are nothing more than a commercial enterprise.  We are all very luck to have DodgeCharger.com  :2thumbs:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

41husk

I think i will still keep my old Charger!!!
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Patronus

What, like the last idiot who's new Cordoba wouldn't start? Then starts mouthing off like its our fault.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Brass

Whenever I pull up along a new Monaco, I mean Charger, I usually look for some sign of awareness from the other driver.  I can't help it.  I kind of like new Chagnums – they're just not Chargers.  So in the spirit of inclusivity, I still try to see if there's any recognition behind the eyes and share an acknowledgment with the other Mopar driver.  Unfortunately I'm usually met with blank stares and mouth-breathing.  Testament, I think, to why the car shouldn't be called a Charger.  Still, I blame Dodge.  The market buying those modern cars may be disconnected from the legacy but only because the company divorced itself first.

At least there's Charger.com.  I guess I've been ruined.  I don't visit any other sites and so the bar is pretty high.

All that being said, it's a little brutal sometimes how quickly LX owers are hustled on out of here.  

Brass

Quote from: Patronus on May 13, 2011, 02:39:23 PM
What, like the last idiot who's new Cordoba wouldn't start? Then starts mouthing off like its our fault.

Okay - I just read that thread.  Wow.

purplechargerguy

Quote from: Todd Wilson on May 13, 2011, 02:00:55 PM
Your old Chargers suck......................

http://video-player.edmunds.com/services/player/bcpid1898242908?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAHEk3X0~,zM4RQ9vWMtzwLtbADYKp69ce15RSQQEg&bclid=0&bctid=823041768001

Todd

SO a new charger RT costs what? 35K?  let me get a 69 for the original cost of about 4K and then stick another 30K into it and see how it stacks up then.  I would imagine there would be a difference in how some of those test turn out
73 Charger SE  WP29M3A227291

Brock Lee

Quote from: jaak on May 12, 2011, 11:06:29 PM

Jason

I agree. They surely talk in their knitting circles about the attitude here with the new Chargers, so they come here to stir the pot and get a good laugh. Unfortunately things usually go just the way they expect with the conversation going just where they planned. The best way to deal with them is nicely refer them to an appropriate forum and leave personal opinions of the cars out of it. No fuel, no fire.