News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Charger owners wonderin' over here

Started by terrible one, May 12, 2011, 09:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

I don't really have a problem with it, but I can't help but wonder why so many people with new Chargers find this site and post without noticing that it is dedicated to classic (real  :P) Chargers. Lately it seems like twice a week this happens. Just glancing at the Index it's obvious that this site is not dedicated to the LX Chargers. Plus, when you come across the site link on Google, it says "A community for fans of the classic Dodge Charger." How is it that so many people don't notice?  :shruggy:

TK73

American short attention span and poor education... don't read cuz caint!!
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

jaak

I think a lot of them are just trolls trying to stir the pot.

Jason

bull

Are they wondering or wandering? Or both? :shruggy:

bull

Drache

Quote from: terrible one on May 12, 2011, 09:05:37 PM
the site link on Google, it says "A community for fans of the classic Dodge Charger." How is it that so many people don't notice?  :shruggy:

Some people believe that the new Chargers are the only Chargers made and think of it like a classic.  :rotz:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: Drache on May 13, 2011, 03:44:50 AM
the site link on Google, it says "A community for fans of the classic Dodge Charger." How is it that so many people don't notice?  :shruggy:

Some people believe that the new Chargers are the only Chargers made and think of it like a classic.  :rotz:

I noticed on the LX forums that they consider the 2006-2010 as 1st gen Chargers..................LOL

BBD

Drache

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on May 13, 2011, 07:26:19 AM

I noticed on the LX forums that they consider the 2006-2010 as 1st gen Chargers..................LOL

BBD

I rest my case....  :rotz:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bobs66440

BBD
Maybe the first Gen-X Charger   :lol:

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: Maybe some folks should go over there and start asking questions about external balancing, fendertags and photoshops,.. any nominations?...
                                                                       :popcrn:

Drache

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 13, 2011, 09:48:36 AM
 :scratchchin: Maybe some folks should go over there and start asking questions about external balancing, fendertags and photoshops,.. any nominations?...
                                                                       :popcrn:

Ask them how to properly tune your six pack setup
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

hemi68charger

Quote from: jaak on May 12, 2011, 11:06:29 PM

Jason

Lord knows we were the ones stirring the pot when the new Charger came out years ago.. 4 doors !!!!   :smilielol:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

41husk

I think some truly don't realize the difference.  I have had people talk to me about the 2010 Daytona after seeing my clone :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

stripedelete

Quote from: Drache on May 13, 2011, 07:47:56 AM

BBD

I rest my case....  :rotz:

Yep!  We gettin' ole'

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TexasStroker

I think most are well intentioned, just not really that big into cars.  There are several members here with a 66-74 who went out and got a new Charger.  They are great cars, but obviously a short coming to us die-hards.  The Challenger guys didn't get slapped in the face with the second coming, the more you care for the older Chargers the more of a disappointment the new models are.

I can't tell you how many LX guys pick up a "68" Charger grille from danko...that "68" being the 69 center section look alike  :rotz:

Again, well intentioned, but kind of out of their realm in terms of the 66-74 legacy.

I will say this though, DodgeCharger.com is an excellent site  :coolgleamA: 

If you are like myself and have been on the "late model" sites...they flat out suck...they are a complete joke.  I have never come across a more cocky group of people (the moderators and administrators) hell bent on making money off of green, eager enthusiasts (usually for a "profile badge" or to removed ads  :icon_smile_blackeye:

I kid you not, I can not browse the new Challenger sites due to the stalled load times from slow ads...and I refuse to pay to remove them...without the end user a forum does not exist, it is a lifeless board and there is no ad revenue.  I have made a few posts on the "new" sites and have been personally PMd by several moderators, and then one of the prestigious administrators. 

What were my transgressions?  Inviting people to a car show...that is FREE.  I really don't get it.  You can go on Moparts, FABO, FBBO, DodgeCharger.com, my sites etc and event listings are one of the biggest draws.  You want people to know about them, and people want to know about them to plan their show schedules. 

The bottom line I get from the majority of the late model sites is MONEY.  These guys are honestly not making the boards because they love the cars, or want to have a hub to share info/tech/parts with one another...they want MONEY.  You either have to browse thru ads, pay to remove ads, or pay to post the most simple things.  On top of that, they stake claim to YOUR Pictures...what I mean by that is not just the typical, "Cool shot, new desktop."  Say a guy does a step-by-step turbo install on a 5.7 with some innovative work...they claim the post as "their property" and can farm it out to magazines for royalties etc.  It is truly a shame.  Most of the guys that are just getting into the cars honestly don't know better, they think the "Gold Member" icon by their username and list of mods only from site vendors makes them "cool" and "better."  It is truly a shame.

That disillusionment is what led me to start Lone Star Mopars, a FREE site for all Mopar folks.  AAM is run the same way.  I want the guys out of Kansas to post about their cruise, and Troy to post about stuff in Houston.  It is what makes a site.

I can't speak for LX Forums (never registered, and it does seem to be more user friendly), but the other late model sites are simply evil.  They put their monetary gain over the end user's experience in every facet.  I simply refuse to post there.  You'll also note upon investigation, they don't just run a late model Mopar site, they have a late model mustang, camaro, 370z, etc...it is nothing more than a large conglomeration set-up to take advantage and profit from the enthusiasts looking for a place to "hang out."

Essentially take everything good about DodgeCharger.com and reverse it...that is how bad those sites are...so maybe the new guys are just looking for a better place to post?!

I can't stress it enough, if you don't get outside of DC.com, your local club, and Moparts etc you have no idea how bad the "new" forums are.  Where these sites are built around people that are truly passionate about the cars, the new sites are nothing more than a commercial enterprise.  We are all very luck to have DodgeCharger.com  :2thumbs:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

41husk

I think i will still keep my old Charger!!!
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Patronus

What, like the last idiot who's new Cordoba wouldn't start? Then starts mouthing off like its our fault.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Brass

Whenever I pull up along a new Monaco, I mean Charger, I usually look for some sign of awareness from the other driver.  I can't help it.  I kind of like new Chagnums – they're just not Chargers.  So in the spirit of inclusivity, I still try to see if there's any recognition behind the eyes and share an acknowledgment with the other Mopar driver.  Unfortunately I'm usually met with blank stares and mouth-breathing.  Testament, I think, to why the car shouldn't be called a Charger.  Still, I blame Dodge.  The market buying those modern cars may be disconnected from the legacy but only because the company divorced itself first.

At least there's Charger.com.  I guess I've been ruined.  I don't visit any other sites and so the bar is pretty high.

All that being said, it's a little brutal sometimes how quickly LX owers are hustled on out of here.  

Brass

Quote from: Patronus on May 13, 2011, 02:39:23 PM
What, like the last idiot who's new Cordoba wouldn't start? Then starts mouthing off like its our fault.

Okay - I just read that thread.  Wow.

purplechargerguy

Quote from: Todd Wilson on May 13, 2011, 02:00:55 PM
Your old Chargers suck......................

http://video-player.edmunds.com/services/player/bcpid1898242908?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAHEk3X0~,zM4RQ9vWMtzwLtbADYKp69ce15RSQQEg&bclid=0&bctid=823041768001

Todd

SO a new charger RT costs what? 35K?  let me get a 69 for the original cost of about 4K and then stick another 30K into it and see how it stacks up then.  I would imagine there would be a difference in how some of those test turn out
73 Charger SE  WP29M3A227291

Brock Lee

Jason

I agree. They surely talk in their knitting circles about the attitude here with the new Chargers, so they come here to stir the pot and get a good laugh. Unfortunately things usually go just the way they expect with the conversation going just where they planned. The best way to deal with them is nicely refer them to an appropriate forum and leave personal opinions of the cars out of it. No fuel, no fire.

SFRT

look..if I was going to buy a modern Murican land barge it would be a  Chrysler 300 . at least they look fairly classy. The Chumlee doesnt. around here most of them are Ghetto rides anyways.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bull

BBD

Well, if you think about it, there's a lot of truth to that notion. IMO these cars really have nothing to do with each other except the name. It's a totally different car so why shouldn't it be considered a first gen.? :shruggy:

Drache

Quote from: bull on May 13, 2011, 06:09:40 PM

Well, if you think about it, there's a lot of truth to that notion. IMO these cars really have nothing to do with each other except the name. It's a totally different car so why shouldn't it be considered a first gen.? :shruggy:

Same with the Chargers from the 80's as well.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Bobs69

I would imagine that they are just proud of their new cars and are not wrenches turners.

UH60L

Quote from: bull on May 13, 2011, 06:09:40 PM

BBD

I basically agree, they share nothing but the name.  But, since they do share the name, there jsut can't be two "1st generation dodge chargers".  If we were to give credence to those cars as being "chargers", they would be what, 5th or 6th gen depending on if you count the '80s and the late '70s?

I am a registered user over on "chargerforums.com".  I registered there because I was interested in what the 2011 car would end up looking like and figured that might be the place to get info .  I try not to post there too often though because I usually end up pissing someone off.  I can't help it, when I saw some of them say "it's not a charger without the "hump" on the side", I couldn't help post picture of a second gen and point out the lack of "humps", then post a pic of a 'cuda and ask if those are the humps they are looking for.    :icon_smile_cool:

Or when they were talking about the second gen being better than the 2010, I said "yes, the '68 to '70 model was and still is better than the 2010 car.".   I think I was called a troll for that one, but hey that IS the second gen.

As someone else pointed out though, and I have brought up over on chargerforums.com, some of those guys spend thousands of dollars trying to make their 2006 to 2010 cars look more like a '69 charger, but they are the same guys who jump all over you if you mention the words "retro" "two door" "coupe" or anything that doesn't basically kiss dodge's anus concerning the 2006 to 2010 car.  A bit of a double standard, me thinks.

As a side note, Danko does make some pretty cool mods that improve the overall look of those cars.  I am curious what Danko could do for the front end of the 2011 car.  I can't do body work or fabrication, just not my thing, but it always amazes me what people can produce for cars, old and new.

Dang, I talk too much!   ;D    goodnight all

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Patronus on May 13, 2011, 02:39:23 PM

what a jackass.

472 R/T SE

I hang out @ LXforums just as much as I do here.  I've also been to a few meet-n-greets put on by folks from there.

Strangely enough, none of those folks act anything like what's talked about in this thread.  They're no different than the other make followers.  They have the same drive & passion that we do, it's just they like different stuff.

Several of them have more money sunk in their rides than I've ever spent on a car & only take them out during weekends.

UH60L, you're no different than the troll that was here yesterday.

:Twocents: :Twocents:

Kern Dog

Your post title is misleading. Wondering is to think about things. WANDERING is to move around and into things.

terrible one

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on May 14, 2011, 01:58:11 AM
Your post title is misleading. Wondering is to think about things. WANDERING is to move around and into things.

Why is it necessary to post this? The least you could do is read the whole thread and see where bull beat you to the punch.

Are you going to be okay? You must be traumatized after being duped so badly by my misleading thread titles. :shruggy:

Actually, since we were just speaking of trolls stirring the pot, your timing is just right, jackass :2thumbs:

TK73

Quote from: Brass on May 13, 2011, 02:39:55 PM
Whenever I pull up along a new Monaco, I mean Charger, I usually look for some sign of awareness from the other driver.  I can't help it.  I kind of like new Chagnums – they're just not Chargers.  So in the spirit of inclusivity, I still try to see if there's any recognition behind the eyes and share an acknowledgment with the other Mopar driver.  Unfortunately I'm usually met with blank stares and mouth-breathing.  

I do the same, not much recognition in the eyes... except one day I pull up next to a new purple Daytona and this lady in her 60's drivin it asks the year of mine. Was impressed, my car is ratty as hell.
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

squeakfinder

So this IS a site for vintage Chargers. That's what I've allways thought. Just wondering, I kinda got slapped for my sarcastic remarks in this thread. And I really wasn't trying to run anybody off. Just trying to point out to the guy he was probably in the wrong place. And I guess that's OK now  :shruggy:. Anyway, this place has been around long before the LX Monaco's were even an itch in some designer's pants.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,77129.msg867846.html#msg867846

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

68 CHARGER R/T

Jason
and stealing our parts.  lol

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 68 CHARGER R/T on May 14, 2011, 08:17:36 PM

Jason
and stealing our parts.  lol

hey I resemble that   :nana:  ....well I used to anyway ;)

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TexasStroker

Hey, to anyone's credit the new R/T emblems are smaller and cost more than repops from the glory years...I just can't win on some stuff, lol.  Never thought I'd have to think about spending $67 to get a second R/T emblem to custom paint it...banked on $20-30 max for the new ones  :brickwall:
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Kern Dog

Stock for stock, the new stuff spanks our old cars. Many of these LX guys are car guys too. My 07 truck is my only late model rig, as I need a truck for work. The name of this site is not CLASSICdodgecharger, so why not include the new guys?
For years, Mopar guys have been begging for a new V8 RWD Mopar and when we got one, then another, then one more...I hear people complain about the weight, names of the cars, all sorts of petty stuff. Sure, The 4 door Charger should have been named something else, but it is a comfortable, safe car that performs well and gets double the mileage of most classics. The harshest critics of the new Challenger seem to be Mopar guys. Thats terrible. Bad press from your own people may result in discontinuation of low volume models. THEN how long would we have to wait for another effort?

Plum Crazy 68

How about calling them 2nd generation Magnums to be clear.   :stirthepot:

bobs66440

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on May 15, 2011, 02:36:26 AM
The harshest critics of the new Challenger seem to be Mopar guys. Thats terrible.
I found that to be true also. I was never a Mopar guy until I got my 1st gen Charger last year. I've always owned GM's & Fords. I had always heard that the Mopar guys were a close-knit bunch. Turns out that the harshest critics of my car were the Mopar guys and the 1st gen is the "ugly stepchild" in the Charger world (who knew?) However, I found that most other people, regardless of brand loyalty, love the 1st gens, which I found confusing...until I realized it was....

FIRST-GENVY!  :nana:

Kern Dog

Hey Bob...... have I seen this car on Moparts? Nice car!

DustinSimmonds

It is sad how much self hate there is. "Red 70 R/T 493" couldn't have said it better. Look before 2006, beside the Viper, Dodge was lacking in the performance sector. Then came the Charger, a rear wheel drive, V8, 425HP, boat! Beside the 4-doors the new Chargers, are Chargers! Everyone likes to dis on the 1st gen Chargers, but if it wasn't for them you wouldn't have had the '68-'74 models. We are already seeing the Charger improve with the 2011. That is just a refresh, not even a full new model. So they started somewhere and our input is heard and helps shape the new models.

I personally love seeing the new Charger owners on here. As long as they aren't asking questions like "how can I fit the maximum amount of soccer balls in my SLX", I'm fine with it. If these are guys who are passionate about performance and their cars, why not let them join. Those modern Charger sites are AWFUL! Its is so true that they are completely commercialized. Lets give these guys somewhere fun and understanding.

Back N Black

Quote from: DustinSimmonds on May 16, 2011, 01:52:44 PM
               It is sad how much self hate there is. "Red 70 R/T 493" couldn't have said it better. Look before 2006, beside the Viper, Dodge was lacking in the performance sector. Then came the Charger, a rear wheel drive, V8, 425HP, boat! Beside the 4-doors the new Chargers, are Chargers! Everyone likes to dis on the 1st gen Chargers, but if it wasn't for them you wouldn't have had the '68-'74 models. We are already seeing the Charger improve with the 2011. That is just a refresh, not even a full new model. So they started somewhere and our input is heard and helps shape the new models.

I personally love seeing the new Charger owners on here. As long as they aren't asking questions like "how can I fit the maximum amount of soccer balls in my SLX", I'm fine with it. If these are guys who are passionate about performance and their cars, why not let them join. Those modern Charger sites are AWFUL! Its is so true that they are completely commercialized. Lets give these guys somewhere fun and understanding.

I agree, let them join and have a different section, like Aero cars, just call it 5 gen Chargers or 4 door chargers.

Brock Samson

When this site and it's predecessor, www.dodge charger.com started, there were no four door Chargers or any need for one... I never once remember anyone expressing a need for a sedan version...  :scratchchin: You?..  :shruggy:
That said I don't think we really want this site over run with the sedan folks asking about re-flashing their ECUs, or worse.. besides,..  I doubt Bull would ever allow it...  :lol:

http://youtu.be/Qw7_UTk0d6Y

cool Video of the '11.

skip68

I agree with Dave.  Don't contaminat the water.   We will end up with a mess of wrong information. THESE ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CARS WITH THE SAME NAME.   IT'S BAD ENOUGH NOW MAKING SURE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE CORRECT YEAR AND MODEL WHEN WE TRY AND HELP.  If you ask me the Challenger is closer to a charger than the new chargers are.  I guess they should join to and have their own section as well.  I'm sorry but those cars have no business here.  If this site turns into that circus I'm gone.  See ya, goodbye DC.com.   Chuck.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Lennard

:iagree: That's exactly what sucks about eBay these days... type in 1969 Dodge Charger and you get a lot of new "Charger" crap.
I joined this forum because it is mainly Second gen. Charger on here and those are my favorites. I didn't join Moparts.com because I don't care about Cudas - Darts etc.

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: Back N Black on May 16, 2011, 02:33:50 PM
I agree, let them join and have a different section, like Aero cars, just call it 5 gen Chargers or 4 door chargers.

OMG did he just say to treat Gen 5 Chargers like AERO cars?   Gen 5 = AERO    :eek:

Steve (Just having a little fun)

Brock Samson

What about stickin' them in Skips new "Short Bus" Section?.. I hear Troy's gonna debut it pretty soon...  :lol:

skip68

The magnum is the short bus I'll be driving. It is a charger also, you know, the charger wagon.   Haha.  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Back N Black

Quote from: skip68 on May 16, 2011, 04:47:35 PM
I agree with Dave.  Don't contaminat the water.   We will end up with a mess of wrong information. THESE ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CARS WITH THE SAME NAME.   IT'S BAD ENOUGH NOW MAKING SURE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE CORRECT YEAR AND MODEL WHEN WE TRY AND HELP.  If you ask me the Challenger is closer to a charger than the new chargers are.  I guess they should join to and have their own section as well.  I'm sorry but those cars have no business here.  If this site turns into that circus I'm gone.  See ya, goodbye DC.com.   Chuck.

So, that's all it would take for you to leave! bring on the 4 door chargers!  :D  :nana:

Brock Samson

Quote from: skip68 on May 16, 2011, 05:27:39 PM
The magnum is the short bus I'll be driving. It is a charger also, you know, the charger wagon.   Haha. 

There, fixed it for ya'...  :icon_smile_wink:    :lol:

squeakfinder

Shouldn't this be in the car guy section?
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

DustinSimmonds

I retract my previous statement about being "understanding".  :rotz:

UH60L

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 13, 2011, 10:40:43 PM
I hang out @ LXforums just as much as I do here.  I've also been to a few meet-n-greets put on by folks from there.

Strangely enough, none of those folks act anything like what's talked about in this thread.  They're no different than the other make followers.  They have the same drive & passion that we do, it's just they like different stuff.

Several of them have more money sunk in their rides than I've ever spent on a car & only take them out during weekends.

Firstly, I have no idea who was here yesterday (whenever that was), so I can't honestly speak to that part of your comment.  What I can say, is there are alot of people on chargerforums.com that either don't know a muscle car from a hole in the ground, or just don't care.  Either way, when I see them talking about somethign that isn't factually correct, such as the "second gen" reference, and I post a comment correcting them, and MY post is factually correct, not just an opinion, I am absolutely NOT being a troll.

People who really believe it's "not a charger without the humps on the side" probably think "ice ice baby" and "hammer time" are original songs.  I have seen posts where people said the 2011 car's taillights were stolen from this car or that car, and people posted photos of a '70 charger to shwo them that that was the inspiration.  Obviously they were trolls too..... 

Just in case you don't know who's music those two songs were originally, I'm not gonna tell you, so you won't call me a troll.  Google is your friend.

Opions are opinions, but you can't change the truth or the facts.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: troll in denial on May 13, 2011, 09:45:38 PM

Or when they were talking about the second gen being better than the 2010, I said "yes, the '68 to '70 model was and still is better than the 2010 car.".   I think I was called a troll for that one, but hey that IS the second gen.

And they were correct in calling you what you were/are.  You're on a 2006-present Charger forum talking smack.  I've never seen a new Charger owner over here telling us their models are better.  And trust me, it's not because they don't think that.

To those folks 2nd generation is the new 2011. 

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

1.    troll    

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

If you plan a rebuttal, please try to keep it under 1000 words.   ;)

DustinSimmonds

If there are any "new" Charger owners on here, I think that we need to hear your side of things. This whole argument has been very  one sided.  :shruggy:

Plum Crazy 68

I am fairly new to the site but have had the old charger for a long time.  I still learn many things from you guys (gals)and all your old posts.  If there is anyone that can work on or answer questions about the new cars, then there should be a section they can post in.  I for one have no use for that info.  Just kick those off that are rude to you when you try to help them.

tatrick2me

From 67 to 79 I owned at least one Charger of every year. I've owned six 69's and I still have the 69 R/T SE 440/4 speed and 73 small block SE that I bought new. The 73 always has been a better car than the 69, it don't eat ball joints. I also own an 07 R/T with r&t package. The 07 is a better car than any of my early cars where. What it is not is its not a part of my youth. My Chargers where state of the art muscle cars and girls loved them. But that was then, not now. The new Charger follows the old Charger on road trips because I'm to damn old to walk when that OLD car breaks down.
Bone 7

Ponch ®

:yesnod:

What's your screen name over there?

Im on there a lot too. The misconception is that if you're into the newer cars, you're all about the big wheels and the bling and know nothing about turning a wrench because it's "all show and no go". WRONG. Like 472 said, some guys are deep into the performance angle and are super knowledgeable (you have to be...you don't just swap in a new carb or a new cam...you also have to know how to tune the car's computer and electronics so they'll work like they're supposed to). And while people here are always bitching and moaning about how they don't make this or that part for the old Chargers, some of those guys are in their garages fabbing up some very high quality parts for their cars.

We've been over this a billion times. The hard core anti-new Charger guys will by all means absolutely refuse to believe that those cars can be serious performance machines. They prefer to stay in their bubbles and resort to the "oh, but it has four doors" or "they're all ghetto mobiles" barbs. It helps them justify their otherwise irrational disdain for those cars.

Heh...it's all a matter of perspective anyway, I guess. I've been around this site and its predecessor long enough to remember the days before the new Charger when the whipping boys for the 'elitists' were the late third gen (73/74)  cars.

As far as having a "new Charger" section here...I really don't think it's all that necessary as far as tech stuff. Then again a lot of us here do own both new and old Chargers and having a place where we can discuss them without having it degenerate into a flame war could be beneficial. I do think it's pretty rude (and reflects poorly on the site as a whole) whenever some newbie with a new Charger stumbles into this site, asks a question about the new car, and then proceeds to be insulted and/or flamed, usually by the same 3 or 4 people.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Kern Dog

Well said. I like the new stuff even though I own a classic. I'm not a fan of front wheel drive "tuner" cars, but a REAR wheel drive Charger of ANY year is fine by me.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 18, 2011, 05:43:38 PM

Same as it is here.  I don't get out of the Northwest section much.  There's a local guy with a blue Super Bee that's hoping to hit 10's this summer.  He has the new 426 motor & I think it's on the bottle.  Another guy with a red Charger that's down in the low 11's hoping for 10's.  They were both down at the MATS running.  They even brought me a T-shirt back.
One guy in Seattle with a Daytona is working hard to be the first NW LX into the 9's, his car is unfortunately a little too blinged out for me.

Met this guy Sunday.  He's legally blind so his wife drives him around.  Engine bay was tastefully not overdone.

UH60L

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 17, 2011, 03:22:08 PM
Quote from: troll in denial on May 13, 2011, 09:45:38 PM

And they were correct in calling you what you were/are.  You're on a 2006-present Charger forum talking smack.  I've never seen a new Charger owner over here telling us their models are better.  And trust me, it's not because they don't think that.

To those folks 2nd generation is the new 2011. 

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

1.    troll    

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

If you plan a rebuttal, please try to keep it under 1000 words.   ;)

Well, first I have to point out that this:

"If you plan a rebuttal, please try to keep it under 1000 words.   ;)"

is exactly what this:

"1.    troll    

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument."

is refering to, so nice job of defining your own post.

That said, as I tried to explain, I wasn't posting on their site to be disruptive.  I was posting because what I posted was the truth, not just my opinion.  You can't just make up your own version of the truth.  If owners of the 2006-2010 or 2011 sedans want a "gen" number it would technically be 4 and 5, 5 and 6, or 6 and 7, depending on wheather you include the late '70s and the '80s.

If "ice ice baby comes on the radio at work, but then it actually turns out to be Queen singing "under pressure", and some uninformed person makes a comment about it being "ripped off" by Queen, I tell them to do a google search because queen did it first.  It's not an argument, it's not a disruption, it's just me telling someone how it really is.  I someone gets butt hurt because they don't like that, that is their problem. (no matter what site I am on)

As I already stated, you can't change the truth, noone can.

UH60L

"We've been over this a billion times. The hard core anti-new Charger guys will by all means absolutely refuse to believe that those cars can be serious performance machines. They prefer to stay in their bubbles and resort to the "oh, but it has four doors" or "they're all ghetto mobiles" barbs. It helps them justify their otherwise irrational disdain for those cars. "

I have to say, as I have before, and I think others would agree, that most people would say the 2006 to 2010 and 2011 sedan would sell just as good as they already have, just on the merrits of the car itself, regardless of what name it carries.

IE, I don't think the majority of those who don't like the cars ACTUALLY don't like the car itself.  They just don't like the name it carries.  I think the car makes a fine family sedan, but that isn't something I would look for if I was buying a muscle car.

Also, I personally don't like huge wheels, but I don't like them on any vehicle, they just don't look like they fit the overall design of most of the vehicles I have seen them on.

I'm curious, how many owners of the new cars bought them solely for taking to special events like car shows, cruise ins, or the track, and keep them garaged in the winter, and own seperate daily drivers? 

Back N Black

I think we should agree to disagree, not every one likes the new charger and not everyone gets a hard-on for the old chargers. I have a co-worker that has a new charger and he does not like my 69 at all. I don't like the new charger, but we respect each others opinion.  :shruggy:

twodko

Quote from: Back N Black on May 20, 2011, 02:36:01 PM
I think we should agree to disagree, not every one likes the new charger and not everyone gets a hard-on for the old chargers. I have a co-worker that has a new charger and he does not like my 69 at all. I don't like the new charger, but we respect each others opinion.  :shruggy:

To each his own. The new ones are a sedan to me but if the owner is happy with them its OK by me. Just don't even attempt to tell me how these new sedans are "1st gen" Chargers.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

doctor4766

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on May 20, 2011, 10:15:03 PM
http://comcast.vehix.com/articles/top-10-list/5-classic-american-cars-then-and-now/4?cid=800
Had to laugh at this bit about the new Charger

"Ralph Gilles, the President and CEO of the Dodge Car Brand, is exceptionally proud of the redesigned 2011 Dodge Charger (read review) – and for good reason, since it's even more aggressive than before. With the arrival of the new Pentastar V6 and substantial improvements to the performance and interior, the 2011 Dodge Charger V6 is in a class all its own. Mustang, Camaro and Charger fans can debate which car is the best among themselves, and they often do."

Yeah I'd say there's a few here who would rather a new Stang or Camaro
Gotta love a '69

ChgrSteve67

I was laughting at the top speed number of 175 mph.

Maybe the SRT8 can do that but there is no way in hell the v6 could acomplish that.
Well maybe if you push it out the back of a airplane at 10,000 feet.

Black Charger

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 18, 2011, 05:43:38 PM

:yesnod:

Im on there a lot too. The misconception is that if you're into the newer cars, you're all about the big wheels and the bling and know nothing about turning a wrench because it's "all show and no go". WRONG. Like 472 said, some guys are deep into the performance angle and are super knowledgeable (you have to be...you don't just swap in a new carb or a new cam...you also have to know how to tune the car's computer and electronics so they'll work like they're supposed to). And while people here are always bitching and moaning about how they don't make this or that part for the old Chargers, some of those guys are in their garages fabbing up some very high quality parts for their cars.

We've been over this a billion times. The hard core anti-new Charger guys will by all means absolutely refuse to believe that those cars can be serious performance machines. They prefer to stay in their bubbles and resort to the "oh, but it has four doors" or "they're all ghetto mobiles" barbs. It helps them justify their otherwise irrational disdain for those cars.

Heh...it's all a matter of perspective anyway, I guess. I've been around this site and its predecessor long enough to remember the days before the new Charger when the whipping boys for the 'elitists' were the late third gen (73/74)  cars.

As far as having a "new Charger" section here...I really don't think it's all that necessary as far as tech stuff. Then again a lot of us here do own both new and old Chargers and having a place where we can discuss them without having it degenerate into a flame war could be beneficial. I do think it's pretty rude (and reflects poorly on the site as a whole) whenever some newbie with a new Charger stumbles into this site, asks a question about the new car, and then proceeds to be insulted and/or flamed, usually by the same 3 or 4 people.

Ponch, VERY well said!

Some of you may know that I drive a 2006 SRT8 but I have always wanted a 2nd gen Charger. I grew up watching the Dukes of Hazzard and I also admired a family friend's triple green 1968 Charger R/T. I came to this site to learn more about the classic Chargers before I make a purchase, since a lot of people on here are very knowledgeable about them. I honestly believe it's "different strokes for different folks" when it comes to choosing a classic or LX Charger.